Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Revert direction not saving

OneManMob
I'm new to LibreCAD and CAD drawing in general. I have watched several tutorials and feel I can modify simple .dxf drawings (quadcopter frame design in my case).

The original drawing I work on did not have all lines going in the same direction, plus the modifications made by me (using mirroring), so I decided to fix it. Using CTRL+R I painstakingly reverted the directions of all lines on the drawing which needed it. I saved the file. After re-opening the directions were just like before. I fixed the directions again and 'saved as' a new file. After re-opening the directions were messed up again. Looks to me like LibreCAD is not saving the 'revert direction' modifications or perhaps, being a newbie I am doing something wrong or do not understand this function properly....
I'm on
Version: 2.2.0.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0
Compiled on: Jul 29 2023
Qt Version: 5.12.11
Boost Version: 1.75.0
System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Thanks for your time to read and help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Revert direction not saving

dxli
What about using a new layer to redraw lines by "two points", snapping to endpoints.

Internally, a line is saved as "begin point", "end point". I you revert the direction, it is saved so with reversed direction.
Reply | Threaded
|

OneManMob
Thanks for this suggestion, but I do not think I can redraw this using just two point lines (if I understand you correctly). On my drawings all corners are curved in order to avoid creating stress points which would initiate fractures in crashes. I draw the curves using mostly 'center, point, angles' or '3 points' or 'arc, tangential'.
I have noticed that  none kind of lines I use, whether it be 2 points straight lines or the three kinds of curves mentioned above, none of them saves properly. After re-opening the saved file they are all messed up, like before saving. Other modifications (new entities, change to shape etc) save without such trouble...

examble drawing

I guess I will need to use some other CAD program (sounds like an abomination, I know ) just for the task of reverting the directions of the lines on my drawings...  
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
For me, on 2.2.0, reverted curves do not get saved, confirmed. But it works with 2 points straight lines.