classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rotate 90°

myCAD
Dear Forum,

when I use the "Rotate" tool, how can I do to rotate an object 90 degree? What should I write on Command Line? I tried "90", "@90", but no success.

Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rotate 90°

aman
Select first the object you want to rotate. From the right panel select Modify, then Rotate. Rotation center and reference point are asked, point them with mouse, then you get the rotation window, where you have all the other options.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by myCAD
Actually, the workflow is tricky for new users. It's mostly the same for many methods like rotate, scale:

If you have selected something to rotate before start "rotate",
1, following the mouse icon in the status bar;
2, select rotation center, reference, target;
3, the dialog showing up next would allow more options.

If "rotate" is started without selection, entities need to be selected, and "enter" should be pressed after selection to start rotation center selection.
myCAD wrote
Dear Forum,

when I use the "Rotate" tool, how can I do to rotate an object 90 degree? What should I write on Command Line? I tried "90", "@90", but no success.

Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

myCAD
Thank you. It's simple, sorry!

I was confused because the form where you can choose an exact, numeric value for the rotation is in a window that appears after you already had to choose with mouse both the reference and the target points. So, I hadn't noticed such a form in the window.

In a sense, after choosing the rotation point you must select casual reference and target points, so when the windows appears you can wite the exact angle.

It could be easier if one could write the exact angle in the command line just after having selected the rotation point.

Hypothesis:

-- Select the object(s);
-- clic Rotation from the toolbar (or from your shortcuts);
-- clic on the rotation point;
-- write something like "<90" or "@90" or simply "90" in the command line (negative values for clockwise rotations) and have the rotation executed.

What do you think?
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Another hint, not mentioned yet, is to click the rotation point twice.
This opens the rotate window directly.

So the idea is:
1) When you don't know the angle, but have two references, use the described way. Then the unknown angle is set in the rotate window, which can be directly confirmed to execute the rotation.

2) When you know the rotation angle, click the rotation center twice, then the rotate window opens to enter the rotation angle.

For both methods applies, that the options Delete/Keep/Multiple and Attributes/Layers can be set before executing the rotation. This is probably not much more effort than your proposal.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution