classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scaling of Prints

mdanbury
Hi,

I'm a relatively new user and have now produced a few drawings.  However for submission to planning authorities I need to produce a drawing that is to a specific scale (50:1, 100:1) etc.

Is it possible to set the scale of a print and if so how do you do it?

Kind regards

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scaling of Prints

dxli
Select proper paper size for the scale, and use main menu File->Print Preview to select printing scale, and make sure you check the "Fixed" checkbox in the printer toolbar.

Please have a look at:

http://forum.librecad.org/Print-a-precise-scale-td5710363.html

We need to add a section about printing in our wiki

mdanbury wrote
Hi,

I'm a relatively new user and have now produced a few drawings.  However for submission to planning authorities I need to produce a drawing that is to a specific scale (50:1, 100:1) etc.

Is it possible to set the scale of a print and if so how do you do it?

Kind regards

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

Daniel84
Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem, and I've already read the related thread linked from DXLI, poor dumb me I didn't quite understand the point there.

My issue is probably simpler, I am projecting guitars, bodies and necks, the whole thing.
I would like to print them out at 1:1 scaling.

I did figure out how to scale the drawing to 1:1 in print preview, but I have no Idea how to change the format/dimension of the sheet from A4 to (example) A3 which would fit the drawing itself and allow me to print in real life size on 1 single sheet of paper .

Can you please help?
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Scaling of Prints

mdanbury
Hi,

You can change the paper size A4, A3 etc from the Edit menu, select Current Drawing Preferences then the Paper tab.

Regards

Mike

Sent: 11 February 2016 13:28
To: mdanbury
Subject: Re: Scaling of Prints

Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem, and I've already read the related thread linked from DXLI, poor dumb me I didn't quite understand the point there.

My issue is probably simpler, I am projecting guitars, bodies and necks, the whole thing.
I would like to print them out at 1:1 scaling.

I did figure out how to scale the drawing to 1:1 in print preview, but I have no Idea how to change the format/dimension of the sheet from A4 to (example) A3 which would fit the drawing itself and allow me to print in real life size on 1 single sheet of paper .

Can you please help?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scaling-of-Prints-tp5712865p5712945.html
To unsubscribe from Scaling of Prints, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by mdanbury
In this context I have a suggestion for the developers to discuss, what about unifying the print and the print-preview command and always lead the user via the scaling process. Also the paper size could be set there and taken out of the drawings settings, as it is not really a property of a drawing. In autocad-world there exists "drawing limits", but I think it's obsolete nowadays.

dellus