Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Selection over an image background

rfritz
The selection invariably picks up the image, rather than than the object drawn on top of the image. Even locking the image layer doesn't help. Since I do a lot of work drawing over images, this is a nuisance. Is there any way to avoid it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Selection over an image background

dxli
we fixed some bugs related to this one.

is your LC version 2.0.7?

if you are running 2.0.7 already, please upload a dxf test case (using the tool button, "Upload a file", in composing page).

Please describe detailed steps to show this bug also.
rfritz wrote
The selection invariably picks up the image, rather than than the object drawn on top of the image. Even locking the image layer doesn't help. Since I do a lot of work drawing over images, this is a nuisance. Is there any way to avoid it?
Reply | Threaded
|

rfritz
The attached file contains BRex.dxf and BG2.png. When I open BRex.dxf in LibreCAD I see this:

Procedure to reproduce:
1. Unzip the file.
2. Open BRex.dxf in LibreCAD.
3. Attempt to select the bright line on layer 0 by clicking on it. I cannot do that.
4. Disable the "Background" layer with the underlay.
5. Select the line. Now I can.

A very consistent and easy to reproduce problem, at least for me.

BGex.zip

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
thank you for the detailed steps.

I'm thinking about the feature design:

1, when clicked within the image rect, should it be selected?
2, if answer to 1 is "no", how to select an image?

the current behavior is to select an image by clicking within its bounding rect. The image should be hidden, in order to click to select entities within its bounding rect.

Without hiding the image, you can select use other selection methods to select, for example, select by window.
rfritz wrote
The attached file contains BRex.dxf and BG2.png. When I open BRex.dxf in LibreCAD I see this:

Procedure to reproduce:
1. Unzip the file.
2. Open BRex.dxf in LibreCAD.
3. Attempt to select the bright line on layer 0 by clicking on it. I cannot do that.
4. Disable the "Background" layer with the underlay.
5. Select the line. Now I can.

A very consistent and easy to reproduce problem, at least for me.

BGex.zip
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
As a workaround - you can select an object with rectangular area from right to left (select by window).

Reply | Threaded
|

rfritz
In reply to this post by dxli
My big problem is that even when the layer with the image is locked it interferes with selecting foreground objects. So I'd be perfectly happy if this stopped when the image layer is locked.

Stranger: Selection boxes don't work for every command; properties does not use them, for instance. And if I forget to lock the image layer, dragging over it risks moving the image which I have oh-so-carefully positioned and scaled.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike Hayes
If several entities are overlapping or very close to each other when trying to select, it would be really neat if there was a pop up list allowing the user to choose.

Or alternatively if successive clicks in the same place cycled through the overlapping entities highlighting each one in turn.

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Thanks!

This should be a good addon.

Mike Hayes wrote
If several entities are overlapping or very close to each other when trying to select, it would be really neat if there was a pop up list allowing the user to choose.

Or alternatively if successive clicks in the same place cycled through the overlapping entities highlighting each one in turn.

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

rfritz
In reply to this post by rfritz
dxli, is there any plan to do something for my "selection over images" problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
1, it makes sense to click within an image to select that image;
2, I pushed a commit to disable image selection by clicking inside, in draft mode.

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/c8e0f7feb1785c1004c60645a59bd36303769f2f

With this commit, images become transparent and can not be selected by clicking within its rectangle.

rfritz wrote
dxli, is there any plan to do something for my "selection over images" problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

rfritz
I finally got a Round Tuit and followed the link, which for some reason Nabble mangles. But I don't have a build environment set up. Is this in a nightly build I can download?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
We need auto-nightly builds. While there are servers available to use, some plumbing help is needed.

rfritz wrote
I finally got a Round Tuit and followed the link, which for some reason Nabble mangles. But I don't have a build environment set up. Is this in a nightly build I can download?