Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Set Relative Zero Position command behavior change

Blain Albin
Recently upgraded to LibreCad to v2.1.3 and have noticed a change in the behaviour of the Set Relative Zero Position command.  I used to be able to use this to change the Relative Zero point while in the middle of a move command or draw command.  It doesn't seem to do this anymore.  It kicks me out of the original move command.

An example: I'm trying to move an object.  I select the object to move. I set the reference point. Then  before I set the target point I try to set a new Relative Zero point it will kick me out of the move command when I do this.  

I'm sure it allowed me to do this in the previous version (sorry I'm don't remember what version I had previously).  

Can anyone confirm this behaviour and that it actually has changed?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Set Relative Zero Position command behavior change

ravas
The action back stepping has been bypassed for the new GUI.
It still works with commands. rz is the command for Set Relative Zero Position.

Help me understand why you would want to use this tool before setting the target point.
Isn't this the reason for setting the reference point?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Set Relative Zero Position command behavior change

Blain Albin
ravas wrote
The action back stepping has been bypassed for the new GUI.
It still works with commands. rz is the command for Set Relative Zero Position.

Help me understand why you would want to use this tool before setting the target point.
Isn't this the reason for setting the reference point?
Ravas
Thanks for the tip on the command for Set Relative Zero Position.  That seems to do the trick.

If I were moving an object, I change the relative zero when choosing a reference point on the object relative to another point.  Then I change the relative zero again if I want to move the object to a target point that's in relation to a point on another object.  Hope that makes sense.  Maybe there's a better way of doing it but that's how I go about it.

Thanks again.