4 messages Options
plb
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Some basic

plb
Hi,
I apoligize for this message. I downloaded libre cad yesterday because I'm late printing the project of an istrument panel and I have no time to study the manual to learn how to use the cad.
I already did the drawing but I need some suggestion to complete the details, so please can you answer the following question?

1) I need to print the drawing in two colors (black and white): all the text and graphic in white and the background in black. How can I do?

2) How can I draw a circle defining the center and write down the radius?

3) Is it possible to see in real time the lenght of a line while drawing it?

4) Is it possible to fill a closed polygon with a color?

Thank you in advance for any answer and I swear I'll study the manual for the next project.

Pier Luigi Bonucci.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Some basic

dellus
It's probably too late for you now, but just for fun I will try to answer the questions.

1) You can't just invert the printing. Black or white entities will always be printed black on white, also regardless of the screen background setting. You have to create a black background as an extra entity, see at 4),  best on an extra layer. On top of that, on an other layer, you draw all the text and graphic (the instruments?). But not in white, as this will be printed black. Choose "Custom" and select an almost white color, like this:

In Print Preview do NOT set Black/White mode.
You might have to use the "Order" command to keep the text and graphic on top.

2) With Circle - Center,Radius you can set the radius at the Tool Options bar appearing above the drawing area:

3) You can see length and angle here:

4) Use the Hatch command with "Solid Fill". The set pen color will be applied.

Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by plb
plb wrote
3) Is it possible to see in real time the length of a line while drawing it?
There is no explanation in the User Manual but Status bar is documented in Configuration:
Status bar: displays coordinates (absolute and relative), active mouse button, selected entity information and grid status.
With a vague reference in Creating entities:
(use the Status Bar to locate the correct coordinates)
plb
Reply | Threaded
|

plb
Hi dellus,
Great, I'm still on time to do the print and replace the old one made in other less accurate way.
Your explanations are clear and simple.
Thank you so much.
Pier Luigi.