classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
KoT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Support for Right-to-Left languages

KoT
In Jan 14, 2015 dxli pointed out that “"right to left" support can be enabled by some minor changes to LibreCAD”.  As I need Hebrew support, this will be a tremendous help.
As dxli wrote, I need support for ‘static’ text that is used in templates, legends, instructions, etc.  It will not be exploded.

Using ttf2lff I created a Hebrew font; and using MText I write the strings from the last character to the first.  The problem is that the Hebrew text is transposed once displayed in CAD programs like QCAD.
Is there a more robust solution?  I would be happy with an OS dependent solution that uses OS fonts.  The text will be placed in its own layer and can thus be easily ignored.
Thank you very much.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Support for Right-to-Left languages

dxli
Hi,

I will look into this one.

If the user sets the Application language to one requires from Right to left, the text should be set by the order as well.

Interestingly, Chinese can be right-to-left, left-to-right, and top-to-bottom. We may need a gui option 9n the order as well.
KoT wrote
In Jan 14, 2015 dxli pointed out that “"right to left" support can be enabled by some minor changes to LibreCAD”.  As I need Hebrew support, this will be a tremendous help.
As dxli wrote, I need support for ‘static’ text that is used in templates, legends, instructions, etc.  It will not be exploded.

Using ttf2lff I created a Hebrew font; and using MText I write the strings from the last character to the first.  The problem is that the Hebrew text is transposed once displayed in CAD programs like QCAD.
Is there a more robust solution?  I would be happy with an OS dependent solution that uses OS fonts.  The text will be placed in its own layer and can thus be easily ignored.
Thank you very much.
KoT
Reply | Threaded
|

KoT
Thank you very much.  I will be happy to help (testing?)
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I just added initial right-to-left support to the latest.

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases

Please notice the direction is based on the MText dialog only, so system/locale settings are not considered yet.

KoT wrote
Thank you very much.  I will be happy to help (testing?)
KoT
Reply | Threaded
|

KoT
This post was updated on .
Thank you very much.  I built LibreCAD (win64) and run it within QtCreator 5.15.2.  The Right-to-Left works very nicely.  Its a very significant step forward for me.

Please note that there is some problem with multi-line text.  Please use English MText, but chose Right-to-Left and write a few lines.  Once inserted you will see that the text is not left nor right aligned.

Thank you very much.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
The implementation is a delicate balance between maintaining the existing behaviors and tweaking to support new features.

More work is needed to refactor the existing code to achieve smooth support for left-to-right, right-to-left, top-to-bottom styles. Understandbly, this step means risking serious regressions.

KoT wrote
Thank you very much.  I built LibreCAD (win64) and run it within QtCreator 5.15.2.  The Right-to-Left works very nicely.  Its a very significant step forward for me.

Please note that there is some problem with multi-line text.  Please use English MText, but chose Right-to-Left and write a few lines.  Once inserted you will see that the text is not left nor right aligned.

Thank you very much.