Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Switching Focus to Command Line

LLigetfa
I am looking for a keyboard shortcut that will set the focus on the command line.  Nearest I could find is Shift-Tab does it but it does not change the colour of the text Command: above the line to blue right away.  If I type the first letter of the command, then it turns blue.  If I want to recall previous commands, I can hit the up/down arrows.  Are there any down-sides to doing this?

Also, I can clear the previous commands from the window with "clear" but is there a way to clear the command history recalled with up/down arrow keys?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Switching Focus to Command Line

fa201
This should help : https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/cmdline.html?highlight=command#the-command-line. Check also keycode-mode.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

LLigetfa
Thanks for the response.  I had read through that and did not find answers. I found, by trial, another (probably benign) way to get focus by hitting a letter key that is not the first letter of a command or alias such as "q".  From there, I can use my up/down arrow keys to recall a previously used command.

I have not found a way to clear the previous commands from the buffer, short of closing the program.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
There were efforts in past to automatically focus command line with any keyboard input.
But from own experience I know, that this sometimes stops working.
It may depend of the status of active tool, but I have no rule yet, when it happens and how to get it working again.

The main shortcut to focus the command line is CTRL-M, which should work always, at least from my experience.
This is documented in the manual
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

LLigetfa
Thanks LOB, for the link.  I don't know how I overlooked CTRL-M as I read that section several times.

As for clearing the previously used commands buffer, how could I make a feature request for the "Clear" command to also clear the buffer?
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
If you have a github account, you can open an issue at https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues.
Or you can make the request in the Suggestion topic on this forum.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.