classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Rod
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Text Not Showing in Drawing

Rod
I've seen this in other messages, but my drawing will only display the drawing text as a rectangular box. It turned on by itself at some point and I have not been able to turn it off. The solution for other users was to turn off Draft mode. I am not in draft mode (I can toggle the draft button on an off and it does not change my drawing). Has anyone else come across this? I'm a new user to would expect it's a user error at some level.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Text Not Showing in Drawing

nightshadows
I don't know if it's the same issue but on Fedora Linux recently all my texts disappeared. Eventually I found that I had to set the fonts path in Application Preferences...?

/usr/share/fonts/gnu-free
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
see my reply to your other post:
https://forum.librecad.org/Vertical-Dimension-Not-Save-Correctly-tp5722141p5722143.html 
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

norrsken
Librecad 2.2.0-0.14.rc3.fc37 @ Rocky Linux 8.7
Hi, I've got the same problem after the command View | Redraw (Ctrl+R). All texts disappear and are replaced by rectangles.
Does it just refer to the currently used package? Do I need a newer one? Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
You may just try the newest Appimage: https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Linux/LibreCAD-2.2.0-x86_64.AppImage/download

Check if it's not just the Draft mode issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

norrsken
Sorry for the wrong description of the problem. It occurs after the command View | Zoom Panning. The following command Redraw (Ctrl+R) does not help, there are still rectangles instead of texts.
Unfortunately, the same problem in the current version of AppImage. Old version of Librecad 2.1.3 @ Ubuntu works OK.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In this case it's a recently reported issue.
Please see GitHub issue #1577 for an explanation and a workaround.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

norrsken
Great, Armin. Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

nightshadows
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
For me the issue is after reopening the file...