5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Text too faint when printed

Myshko
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

Everything looks good in the drawing and in the print preview. However when printed the dimensions text is very faint. Right size but very faint. I can adjust the text size, but it still prints very faint.

Draft is off. Text is printed, but very faint.

When trying to print into PDF - no text at all.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Text too faint when printed

aman
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
As text size comes out right and the other dimension elements appear not too faint I suspect it has to do with line width. It is typical for line width 0  to disappear completely in a pdf, also depending on the pdf-viewer. Check the overall line width of the dimension and change to maybe 0.25 mm if it is 0.
Reply | Threaded
|

Myshko
Thanks.
It was the problem. The confusing thing was that the lines were fine. Only the text was faint
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
This is because the line width of dimension extension lines, dimension lines and arrows or ticks can be set in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions in a different value than the general line property of the whole dimension, which is handled as a block.
So the general line width setting for the dimension only governs the text absolutely. Awkward, but that's how it is.
If in Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions line widths are set as By Block (default, I think), these elements will have the same line width as the text, as the general line width property of the dimension.