Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The delete command behaving weird!

abubk
So the delete command doesn't delete anything that is already selected when activated.
Eg:
> Select elements
>type "er" in command line
>press space/enter
>nothing happens - the command line says "select items to delete"

This is kind of annoying, even if you type the command first, cannot box select items.
Eg:
>type command "er"
>press space/enter
>Can't click and drag, have to select lines one by one!!!!!!!!!!!

Please fix this.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The delete command behaving weird!

dellus
Please change your habits.

Not everything in LibreCAD works, works well or works like in AutoCAD.

The easiest way to delete something in LibreCAD is to select one by one or with a box and then simply press the Delete key. Gone!
Reply | Threaded
|

abubk
That's a not a very useful reply. I have used Older versions of LibreCAD before and 'er' command worked well. Worked well on QCAD also. So to me this is kind of a bug which needs some fixing. Anyways this issue came when LibreCAD decided to move from their implementation of commands (where you press two letters and activate the command) to autocad type commands.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The reply from @dellus propose a simple solution how you can work around this issue and thus, from my perspective, it is a very helpful response.

What @dellus wants to say is, that the human resources in LibreCAD are limited and you can't expect that this issue is fixed just in time.
I checked the issue tracker on GitHub and this was not reported yet.
Even when I (or you?) add this to the issue tracker now, it is not necessarily fixed soon.

Issues can arise with improvement or enhancement and not only in open source projects.
When you have payed for a proprietary software, you can demand a fix for an issue.
But that's not how things go in most community driven open source projects.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution