Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble changing dimensions again

SupDoc
Drawing starts out in mm. I go into:
Application Preferancs> units> inch
Drawing Preferances>units> inch
                             >dimensions>linear units> Enginerring
Before switching from decimal to Engineering, which helped before. Not this time. the numbers always show as mm, but now get like from 7 mm to 1'-0.70" total nonsense. Help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trouble changing dimensions again

dellus
It can't give you help this way. Best you provide the files here. The one that's in mm, the original which you want to change to inches. And also the resulting one from your efforts. Then I can have a look at them, understand what you want and see what's going wrong. Use More v - Upload a file to upload the files.
Reply | Threaded
|

SupDoc
inches.dxf<nabble_<nabble_img src="inches.png" border="0"/>a href="mm.dxf">mm.dxf

Here are two images & two files. Thanks for your patience.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
There is only one dxf and one image sent, and they are of different drawings. Please try again to send the dxf file belonging to the image mm.png, which is shown in the posting. It seems you have tried to upload mm.dxf, but it wasn't right somehow.
Also please upload the dxf file of that drawing as switched to inches, in the way you might have tried and it didn't come out to your expectations.    
Reply | Threaded
|

SupDoc
mm.dxf
I try again!
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Procedure for mm to inches:

First I have set General Scale to 1. Maybe you have taken the drawing out of a larger one, but as it is now it easily fits on A4 or letter in 1:1 scale.

Then to scale from mm to inches:

1. Select all, by command (Tools - Select - Select All), or by pulling up a window around it.

2. Scale (Tools - Modify - Scale)

3. Specify reference point, in your case best 0,0. Enter.

4. In the Scaling Options:

To adapt the Drawing Preferences to inches:

5. Set Main Units:

6. Adapt Dimensions. You could do it with General Scale 1/25.4, but better let it at 1 for possible later print scaling and change the size values individually. You can later use these settings for all your inches drawings.

And save it under a new name of course.

mm_to_inches.dxf