Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using LibreCAD in a web application to create drawing automation

dishantb
Allow me to explain and please don't mind me if it's a bit complex.

This is a CPQ (Configuration, Pricing, Quotation) software that I am looking forward to build, which automatically creates quotation and pricing. This part is easy. The complex part is product configuration.

I manufacture industrial blowers and spray dryers and my clients have peculiar requirements. Each one of them wants to buy a blower or dryer specific to their needs, say they need 'x' RPM, 'y' width, 'z' BHP, so on an so forth. I gather those requirements, put them in a spreadsheet, give it to my draftsman, and he designs it with AutoCAD. Once the design portion is complete in AutoCAD, I download the drawing and give to my engineers who will start manufacturing the blowers. The entire process from requirement gathering, creating the drawing, to manufacturing and delivering the product takes more than a day or two.

With CPQ, this entire process (except the manufacturing ) takes just a few hours. I want to integrate this software which can automatically create a drawing the background based on the values (x,y,z) provided and dimensions that I enter in the CPQ. So, in the end, there is a readily available quotation with a bill of materials and 2D drawing of the product.

Can LibreCAD add this functionality to a CPQ software or is there any other way I can do this? Will this functionality work if this CPQ software is a web application and not a native desktop app? I mean can LibreCAD be integrated in a web application?

TL;DR: I want to embed the functionality of LibreCAD in a web application where based on the input dimensions (diameter, volume, area etc.) provided by the user in the front end, LibreCAD can generate automated drawings in the backend.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using LibreCAD in a web application to create drawing automation

flywire
Seems possible. Would it use stock components or are they infinity variable?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using LibreCAD in a web application to create drawing automation

dishantb
They are infinity variable.