5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Version 2.2 Win 7 FULL of bugs

Harry Nelson
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I just downloaded LibreCAD and am trying to learn how to use it. I have been using Generic CADD for decades so this looks like a good upgrade for the little bit of 2D drawing that I do.

But it keeps crashing!  I am following the manual - so it's quite a bit different - but I can't seem to get it to work as expected. I can't draw a line with a Command. Arrows on dimensions are far too small to see. Can't get "Properties" up for a dimension....

I see that some people reported crashing as they tried to draw vertical lines, but that was a couple of years ago!! And I'm just on page 6 of the manual!!! Drawing rectangles, lines, circles and dimensioning them.

IS IT WORTH ME CONTINUING?

Tell me other folk aren't having these problems? If it's this buggy give me some tips on how to work around them.

P.S. I don't have to use the Command Line but I do use things like CTRL Z

---------------------------------------------
UPDATE

I re-loaded the program and can now draw with commands and it hasn't crashed yet though I haven't done more than draw a rectangle and a few lines. The examples I was doing before were pretty simple so I would still appreciate feedback. Anybody have any ideas what to avoid in future?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Version 2.2 Win 7 FULL of bugs

dellus
I have never experienced a tendency to crash often, I can't tell what might have been the reason.
Concerning arrows on dimensions too small, just a matter of settings in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions. Also have the right unit and paper size set. If you don't get on with it tell your units, paper size and intended scale, i can provide you a template file then to study.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harry Nelson

Dellus,

Thanks. It seems to be more stable now - only thing I can think of it that the first time it crashed I opened the backup file "#LINES" after a few crashes I now have LINES, #LINES, ##LINES and ###LINES.

I had changed the Arrow size to 5 but still couldn't see it. What isn't obvious is that I can type in "25". I tried that after your post; then I got a HUGE arrow! Strangely, when I changed it back to 5 I now have a proper sized arrow!!!

So something is going on behind the scenes; and maybe as I define more options it is creating a template or something. Also, I am running it in Windows 7 not Ubuntu. I do have a couple of Ubuntu computers but my Desktop is Windows - The Ubuntu computers are for special functions like Media Player and Download Server. So they are not up all the time.

Also, I like arrows on my dimension lines, is there a way to change that?

Thanks for your help

Harry

On 6/29/2019 9:03 AM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
I have never experienced a tendency to crash often, I can't tell what might have been the reason.
Concerning arrows on dimensions too small, just a matter of settings in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions. Also have the right unit and paper size set. If you don't get on with it tell your units, paper size and intended scale, i can provide you a template file then to study.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Version-2-2-Win-7-FULL-of-bugs-tp5717532p5717547.html
To unsubscribe from Version 2.2 Win 7 FULL of bugs, click here.
NAML

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
This post was updated on .
"Also, I like arrows on my dimension lines, is there a way to change that?"

What do you mean by that? Arrows are the default setting, you can switch to architectural ticks if you prefer. If you have a tick size of 0, the arrow is valid and shown. If you have a tick size other than 0, the tick is valid and overrides the arrow whatever size maybe set for it.
Confusing, yes, having selection boxes would be better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harry Nelson
Dellus,

Thanks again - that works just fine. Doesn't switch back immediately but that was just to fool me (lol). Starting to make sense and I haven't managed to crash it either! So I think I am all set. I don't have a project to work on just as the moment but I will try to do more with it and I will work thru the tutorial.

Thanks Again,