Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

copy and move

kaiservan
The reference point commented on in dellus's reply regarding the transferring of files appear to be just any point inside the drawing to be transferred...??!! before switching to the new file.

Here is another query of mine:      
When copying or moving a drawing containing two or more layers, only the color of the active layer copies !
Is there a way that all the layers will show in the copy?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: copy and move

dellus
The reference point could be any point, but the purpose is for example if you copy a drawing of a wheel it makes sense to choose the hub/axis as reference point, so when you reinsert it you can place it properly.

The other query: I can not confirm/reproduce this behaviour. Maybe the layer of not copied entities is locked?
Reply | Threaded
|

kaiservan
Hi dellus,

In my exercise I draw three different bodies. circle/triangle/square side by side
Each one with a different color(layer). I then select them all go to copy/move.
When they do….  all three appear in the color of the layer that is shown as being active ??!!
Since you cannot duplicate this scenario I wonder if anything in my options/settings is out of whack ?!
I wonder if anyone else encountered this same problem ??
AK
Reply | Threaded
|

copy and move

kaiservan

I fooled around a bit more trying to solve my problem and here is what I found…!

I found that by using the Move / Copy (two trees) symbol on the toolbar the result is the loss of layer transfer as described before (only the active layer/color is transferred). When using the copy and paste (two gravestones in the menu bar..?!) the different layers are transferred intact.  EXAMPLE:  3 different bodies in 3 different layers (colors) – no Snaps applied / select all 3 – left-click on COPY then left-click on PASTE and only then decide on the desired SNAP.  Move the 3 bodies into position. Click ESCAPE to maintain the original (COPY) or DELETE to MOVE
I don’t know if that makes sense, but I works for me !
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Well, this would be a workaround.
Check if one of these could be the culprit:

Reply | Threaded
|

kaiservan
Hi Dellus,

Once again you saved the day.  Once I unchecked  "use the current layer" the transfer was perfect

Again, many thanks.

AK

Incidentally the aforementioned method copy/paste seems to only work sporadically !!