dimension location editabel? (Looking for workaround AND new feature: "decimal *without leading "0." )

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dimension location editabel? (Looking for workaround AND new feature: "decimal *without leading "0." )

mhld
Hi guys

My request for a new feature is as follows:please introduce a entity format "decimal *without leading "0."
(There is no way to mix up 48cm and 48m between architectural ticks. But omitting "0." saves much space when and where you need it; if you have a 16cm thick wall in scale 1:100, "16" will fit between -/--/-, "0.16" won't (and thus will possibly overlap with an adjacent number).)

The problem:
While adding dimensions to an architectural drawing, I ran into problems with the size and/or location of the numbers. In very common situations where you need to dimension small, adjacent spaces, either you have to select the size of (all) the numbers very (=too) small or *some* adjacent numbers overlap.
Both not desiderable/acceptable in a professional environment (all other shortcomings were manageable).

So, apart from my feature reqest, my questions are:
- Is there a way to move the dimension numbers *without* moving the dimension line?
- 0r is there a way to delete the leading "0." manually?

BTW: more generally: Is the a way to edit text with is already placed somewhere (I currently I delete and recreate such texts)?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: dimension location editabel? (Looking for workaround AND new feature: "decimal *without leading "0." )

cantcode
#select the dimension line
#"Modify"->"Explode"
#"Modify"->"Edit Entity Geometry"
#select the dimension text/value
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: dimension location editabel? (Looking for workaround AND new feature: "decimal *without leading "0." )

claus82
In reply to this post by mhld
Hi mhld,
I don't know your LC version, anyway in version 2

Is there a way to move the dimension numbers *without* moving the dimension line?

TO MOVE THE DIMENSION NUMBER:
As you maybe already know you can change the text offset in Edit>Current Drawing Preferences> Dimensions> Dimension line gap. Anyway:
- You have a dimension (pic 1)
- Select the dimension, now it will appear dashed and its color will change (pic 2)
- Just move the blue dot by clicking on it and keeping clicked, so you'll move the dimension's number! (pic 3)

0r is there a way to delete the leading "0." manually?

TO CLEAR "0.VALUE"
- Be sure that TOOL OPTIONS bar is active (if not: right click randomly on a free area on horizontal bars and activate Tool option)
- Click on dimensions icon and choose horizontal/vertical and so on...
- A menu on the tool options bar will appear containing a LABEL icon. (pic A)
- Here you can change the dimension (you can even write a text!), and you should be satisfied now! (pic B)
- In your case I changed from 100 to .10 to show the result. I had to turn the grid off to make the picture more readable (pic C)

2: If you have already given the dimension:
- Simply go to Modify>Edit Entity eometry, click on the dimension that has to be modified
- In "Label"insert the value that you need and that's all! (pic D)

A

B

C

D

So... Actually you can have both of your requests satisfied!
I hope I have been useful!
Bye!!!
Cla

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

mhld
This post was updated on .
Thanks to both of you for your answers, which seem to solve my problems.

As currently *all* dimension numbers (on a seperate layer) are too small (I choose a very small size in the drawing's dimension settings to avoid overlapping numbers ;-) which unsurprisingly now results in very small sized numbers) is there a way to make them bigger *all together* in a first step?
Then I could edit, where needed, the leading "0." and the location of the number as you described in a second step.

Or do I need to raise the size of each dimensioning number one by one?

EDIT://
ok, found it myself: the setting in the drawing settings/dimensions settings affects the size still after the dimension is placed.

Answered.
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
EHEH I was about to reply!
Bye

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...