Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

display and/or tolerance problem

darren.winter
If this has been posted before I would like to apologize up front. I have done some Googling and light searching in the LibreCAD forum and GitHub but I didn't see anything that seemed like a 100% match. There seems to be a visual display bug (or tolerance problem) in LibreCAD 2.2.0 RC1 and up to the latest nightly build (6/12/20).

Quick note: the image links had to be done externally... the images are huge and the More > Upload here in the forum didn't allow me to include both images.

I created a DXF (tangency point bug.dxf, attached) in LibreCAD 2.2.0-rc1-254-g9f2c32dd. tangency_point_bug.dxf

In LibreCAD 2.2.0 RC1 and rc1-254-g9f2c32dd the problem is visible: LibreCAD 2.2.0-rc1-254-g9f2c32dd.png - when I zoom in at the tangency points the line overlaps the circle instead of actually displaying properly (tangent). It looks the same in the official 2.2.0 RC1 release.

But it appears correct when opened with LibreCAD 2.1.3: LibreCAD 2.1.3.png - the lines appear tangent to the circles (correct).

If you open the attached DXF in 2.2.0 RC1 (any) and zoom in on the red circle you can see where the "overlap" appears to happen - worth noting: it isn't actually crossing over because at no point in this "overlap" is there ever a snap-able intersection. And if you zoom in on the green circle you can see the end of the line dangling out in space. The end point here truly ends up being the point of tangency which can be seen if you create something from that snap point and then open the DXF in LibreCAD 2.1.3.

Thoughts?

Possibly related...

trimming tangent circle and line (LibreCAD Forum)
https://forum.librecad.org/trimming-tangent-circle-and-line-td5715791.html#a5715792

two intersections found instead of tangent point #523 (LibreCAD GitHub)
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/523