classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to draw verticle line from the start point manually

LibreAvijit
Hi There!

I am new in LibreCAD. Frankly speaking - I am now become a fan of this amazing software and its capabilities. I have a problem and a feature request. The Problem first - I want to draw a vertical line from a point - but every time the line goes upwards. If i want to draw the line downwards - I can't. is there any way to draw downwards line without any command? Please suggest

Here is the screenshot - what i want to draw -
librecad.png

Finally, the feature request - I can export entire drawing as PDF, but can the LibreCAD team offer, Inkscape like export options? That will be a great help for academic people. here is the attached inkscape export options -
inkscape.png

With JPG and PNG export options.

Thanks & Best Regards
Avijit
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: how to draw verticle line from the start point manually

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Avijit!

Concerning the vertical line, have a look at the tool options tool bar above the drawing area, when the Vertical Line tool is active. There you can define the what the click position is, start/middle/end of the line and also the length of the line. In your case use end for a vertical line downwards.
You can find examples in our manual at https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/toolbars.html#tool-options.
Sadly the vertical line options are not listed there yet.

Concerning the image export, to be honest, I can't say how the export looks like currently. Maybe another user can give a valuable response. I need this very rarely and when I use screenshots.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

LibreAvijit
@Armin Thanks! Problem Solved. Looking for new feature request (Selected object export to JPG/PNG and Custom area export)

Thanks & Best Regards
Avijit
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
Tool Options for drawing tools are included with Drawing Tools in the Reference section (see the first paragraph).   The "Tool Options" for printing and block operations are special cases in that they don't provide modifiers to the current operation, but are the only way to access them, and they don't appear if "Tool Options" is not enabled under Widgets -> Toolbars.  Could those two be independent toolbars and not dependent on "Tool Options" being enabled?

I'll change the manual as I went back and forth on whether to treat it as a Toolbar or as a Tool Option (so it ended up as a Tool Option in the Toolbar section which doesn't help matters).
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
That sounds reasonable Gary, I think it's fine as it is.
It was my fault to not search more carefully.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution