5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plugin for export

crc1021
I tried to export to SVG, but ran into the same problem here:
http://forum.librecad.org/SVG-Export-td5708944.html
Beside that, I see the process does keep the shapes intact: a circle is exported as large polyline.

Since the export seemed geared to raster formats, rather than trying to modify that, I wanted to create plug-in that exports SVG but retains as much of the dxf structure as possible.

Getting the entity info seems straight forward, but getting the document info is not as apparent to me.  The units can be found with getVariableInt("$INSUNITS", &units), correct?  But, the extents ($EXTMIN, $EXTMAX) can not be had that way because those are coordinates, and there is no getVariableCoord().  I don't see anyway to get the name of current document, but I might have missed that.  Is there a way for a plug-in to access extents and name?

I saw posts about the python scripting and see some of that in code, but with the word OBSOLETE in rs_python.cpp file.  What is the status of the scripting support?  I've been looking at the master branch in github, are there other branches or repos where the development is done?

Thanks

Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: plugin for export

dxli
Can we implement this support in LibreCAD directly, instead of using a plugin?

It's has been conceived to use open format SVG to replace DXF/DWG
Reply | Threaded
|

crc1021
Sure, I'll try to model the interface on the current export code.
I'm not looking to replace dxf, I just want an SVG file that I can use directly in other tools (such as makercam.com).

Reply | Threaded
|

vlachoudis
What is the current status of the plugin?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
clearly, we need some developers to actively work on this. :(

vlachoudis wrote
What is the current status of the plugin?