classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
jfh
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

printing to 1:87 scale

jfh
As a model railroader I want to print 1:1 structure drawings into the H0 scale 1:87.
When I use the print preview I see numerous pre-defined scales like 1:75 or 1:100 etc.
These all work fine with the fixed-scale option.
But setting the scale to 1:87 (or any other not predefined scale) with the fixed-scale option does not result in the wanted scale. In stead, it seems to be rounded towards the next higher pre-defined scale.
Is this a bug, an omission or do I make some mistake?
By the way, model railroaders often use 1:25, 1:33, 1:44; 1:87, 1:90, 1.120, 1.220 scales!
Any suggestions on how to solve this problem will be more than welcome.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: printing to 1:87 scale

perepujal
Hi, I don't know how to fix this problem, but maybe this is a workaround:

Suposing you draw at 1:1 scale:
Copy the part of the drawing you want to print into another place of the drawing,
scale it at the desired scale, then print it at 1:1

HTH
Pere
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
In reply to this post by jfh
I've had some trouble with scaling on print preview in the past, but can get it to work consistently.  I tried it with a 1:87 scale and this approach works.  For this example I used ANSI A sized page:

1. Draw a square 87" on each side
2. Switch to Print Preview (click the icon)
3. Click the "Fit to Page" icon.  You should see the square going to the extremes on two side of the page and a scale of 1:10.2353.
4. Type 1:87 in the scale textbox and press [Enter] (it is important)
5. Click the "Center to page" icon.  You should see a square centered on the page  that would measure 1" on each side when printed.

Being sure to press [Enter] after typing in the scale seems to be the key.  If not, the scale appears in the textbox correctly, but doesn't get applied to the preview.  This is especially true when first switching to the Print Preview mode.  'Tabbing' out of the textbox only works sometimes, but it is not consistent.  One of the quirks...
(LibreCAD 2.2rc2 on Linux)
jfh
Reply | Threaded
|

jfh
EUREKA!
Gary, the PRESS ENTER did it. Simple if you know, but it might be very helpful if this could be explained in the manual.
Anyway, thanks for your help,
George