Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

printing

pacecil
I'm new user.   I've tried everything, but still can't print anything.  I've set paper size and every thing suggested still nothing but blank sheet.   Imported dwg from autocad - still can't print.  Tried deleting LibraCad and re-downloading - still nothing.  Any suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: printing

aman
Reply | Threaded
|

pacecil
Nothing there that helped me.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Does it look right in Print Preview? Always use Print Preview for positioning and scaling the drawing right on the paper, and print in that mode. Does the printer print at all? Ink? Does it push out a sheet ?
This is for V 2.2.0, but mostly valid for 2.1.3 too: https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/completion.html#
Reply | Threaded
|

pacecil
It looks right in preview. Printer has ink.  It simply pushs out a blank sheet of paper.  Printer seems to work fine.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
No clue then. You could provide a sample file here with More v Upload a file so I can have a look at it.
What line width is used? Maybe some printers print 0 indeed as not existing.  
Reply | Threaded
|

pacecil
Now it sometimes runs out a blank sheet and sometimes it doesn't start up printer and nothing happens when I hit print.  I tried deleting and downloading again but not sure I got a completely new download.  About to give up on LibraCad.
Reply | Threaded
|

rolgiati
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 07:04:59 -0700 (MST)
"pacecil [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now it sometimes runs out a blank sheet and sometimes it doesn't start up
> printer and nothing happens when I hit print.  I tried deleting and
> downloading again but not sure I got a completely new download.  About to
> give up on LibraCad.

I have the same problem regularly with other programs; usually due to the USB connection to the printer dropping out, and easily silved by removing the printer, and reinstalling it under CUPS.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                      Wisdom is knowing what to do next.
                        Skill is knowing how to do it.
                              Virtue is doing it.
                                  -- David Starr Jordan

-- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

Reply | Threaded
|

pacecil
I've eliminated such things as bad connections.   It has to be something I'm failing to enter or setup, or something wrong or corrupted in LibraCad's program.  Nobody seems to be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong so I have assume at moment the fault lies in LibraCad.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
What can happen is that in the printer driver's dialog the checkbox "Print to file" is ticked. I don't know how this happens, I suspect it happens when you previously have tried to print with a printer which is offline. In this case the printer doesn't react at all.
What is the outcome if you make your arrangements in Print Preview and then do an Export to PDF instead? If you get a blank sheet too then it must be a problem with the drawing, like white lines on white background.
You can try if it has any effect to do Options - Application Preferences - Defaults - Clear Settings - All. If something is screwed up it may survive a reinstallation because some settings are saved in the Windows registry.
I assume you have really tested if printing works from a different application.  
Reply | Threaded
|

pacecil
That was it!!!  'Print to file' is checked every time you hit 'print' - I just didn't notice it
I've been using AutoCAD for many years and didn't expect this nonsense with LibraCad. (Maybe that's why it's free!)
Thanks for everyone that offered advice.