Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problems trying to create blocks

russellf
Hi I am trying to follow the instructions here: http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Blocks

I have tried to create a block both from existing elements and from scratch but clearly I am missing something as I can't get either to work.

With existing entities I select all the individual entities one at time but I can't figure out how to say "that's all" or specify the reference point to actually create the block.

When I try and create a block I get a new 'page' as expected with a hashed crosshair but when I try and add elements to it nothing appears.

As always any pointer much appreciated!

Russell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problems trying to create blocks

dellus
After selecting the entities you have to say that's all by pressing 'enter', then you will be asked for the reference point.
If you have created a new empty block ('from scratch'), then go to 'edit active block in separate window' (of course after activating this new block in the block list) for drawing the items. Then go to 'drawings' and activate 'tab mode'. Now you can switch between the main drawing and the block-windows, and insert the active block.