Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

same file but different appearance, joint point disappear

wing
i was drawing a schematic with KiCad, output as dxf format.
But when i open the same file with different platform and software, the schematic changes.
Main problem is when i open with LibreCAD under debian, the joint point disappear, and polygon changes to round circle.
Open with DWG TureView R17.1.65.0 under win 7:
DWG TureView R17.1.65.0 under win 7
Open with LibreCAD Version: 1.0.2 under debian wheezy:
LibreCAD
M2A-5-POWER.dxf
Is this a known bug or am i missing something? Anyone can help?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: same file but different appearance, joint point disappear

dxli
tried with the latest (2.0.6-75-gf8bc88c ), got the same behaviour as 1.0.2

wing wrote
But when i open the same file with different platform and software, the schematic changes.
Main problem is when i open with LibreCAD under debian, the joint point disappear, and polygon changes to round circle.
Open with DWG TureView R17.1.65.0 under win 7:
DWG TureView R17.1.65.0 under win 7
Open with LibreCAD Version: 1.0.2 under debian wheezy:
LibreCAD
M2A-5-POWER.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by wing
I opened your file in LC-2.0.0rc2 (Linux) and LC-2.0.6 (Windows). Got a view like image. Your drawing huge size (109000 units) and lost the fill. Round circle is bad?

For my dxf files from KiCad, I noticed that if you open files from the system file manager, there are no joint point. If you open these files from run LibreCAD, as the Menu "File" -> "Open...", then joint point exists.

My view:

wing wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
Can I suppose that when you open the file from the System File Manager is incorrectly detected version of the dxf file.
Reply | Threaded
|

wing
In reply to this post by stranger573
i have tried open the file from running LibreCAD, the joint point shows up as a small round and cross same as in your picture.
This partly solved my problem, at least i can see the joint point.
Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The polygon shape from the first post is caused by the 2D Wireframe view of TrueView, polygons are drawn faster than circles. When switching to Realistic Mode, the circles become round in TrueView too.

So round circles in LibreCAD are OK

For the file open issue, this seems to be a bug, I created a bug ticket on sf.net.

Concerning the not filled circles, this is caused by ignored properties of polylines. I created a feature request on sf.net for this.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
In addition, I can tell that the file by wing, LC cannot be opened from the system file manager. The message: "Cannot open the "path_to_file" Please check the permissions". But the permissions on the file are correct. From running LC the file is opened.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
On which OS do you have this issue?
What is the system file manager?
Did you use the original file name?
Is the file located on a local disc or on a NAS?

There are a couple of reasons for that.

There was a similar bug ticket on sf.net. The cause in this case was the missing file extension. The error message was misleading.

With LibreOffice I had a similar issue with files stored on NAS. All permissions are correct, but the files couldn't be opened for editing. This is caused by nfs access to the NAS system.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

stranger573
This issue on Linux and Windows.
With LC-2.0.0, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7 (may be other versions).
System file manager this Dolphin, Nautilus, Thunar, PCManFM etc (for Linux) or Explorer (for Windows). Double click or right click and open (open with LibreCAD) from context menu. So the file does not open.
I use the original file name.
Is the file located on a local disc.
Bug ticket #441 it is another.
Extension correct. Permissions correct.

This issue exists with a similar problem dxf files only (as M2A-5-POWER.dxf). Which were created with other programs. If such a file to open from running LibreCAD and save, then the file is can opened in any way. And it can be moved in any way on another computer it will open.

This can be associate with what was above.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
pushed a fix in master: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/07afe84a0b0f02a40a350449e6a7bf6dc45322cb

stranger573 wrote
This issue on Linux and Windows.
With LC-2.0.0, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7 (may be other versions).
System file manager this Dolphin, Nautilus, Thunar, PCManFM etc (for Linux) or Explorer (for Windows). Double click or right click and open (open with LibreCAD) from context menu. So the file does not open.
I use the original file name.
Is the file located on a local disc.
Bug ticket #441 it is another.
Extension correct. Permissions correct.

This issue exists with a similar problem dxf files only (as M2A-5-POWER.dxf). Which were created with other programs. If such a file to open from running LibreCAD and save, then the file is can opened in any way. And it can be moved in any way on another computer it will open.

This can be associate with what was above.