Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

see not answer to oft repeated questoin

carpenterson
I see no way to set the scale of the architectural drawing I'm working on to 1' = 1/16".  In my case, I'm trying to draw a scale drawing of my property showing the lot borders, the buildings on the lot, and proposed constructed additions. Others have asked different versions  of the same question as it applies to other architectural scales (eg 1/4, 1:10, etc)  and no on  seems to have offered an answer.  (some discussion regarding viewing scale in print preview, but nothing  on how to actually set a preferred drafting scale for architectural drafting.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: see not answer to oft repeated questoin

dellus
In CAD you normally draw in real world dimensions. A 10 feet long wall you draw with 10 feet length, regardless of the intended print scale. It is only scaled down at the print process in Print Preview.
Still you have to make appropriate settings in Options - Current drawing preferences - Dimensions - General scale to get dimension elements graphical size right.
Please study the manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

carpenterson
I read the manual.  You did not understand my question.  Before beinning  to draw in cad, one first needs to set up the page with a specific scale so you can make drawings to proper scale and proportion.  Other software (eg, smartdraw) has a "document setup" feature with dropdown tabs allowing the user to select units & scale, such as (in my case) 1/16:1, 1/8:8, 1/4:1, etc, all the qay to 10:1.  Once selected, the user can draw lines to exact length as desired.  I, and other users, have written posts stating we do not see this set up to  scale function on librecad.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Sounds like you are talking about drawing in paper space. LibreCAD doesn't follow that direction.

It's not difficult to simulate though.

Menu: drawing preferences > select your paper size and set margins all to 0;

Draw a rectangle to follow the scales paper size, say, a rectangle of 8.5/16 by 11/16 to simulate 1/16:1 from drawing to paper. Then,  inside of the box, 1/16" in drawing will be printed as 1", if you choose fit to paper at printing.

In general, we leave printing as an independent step, instead of a controller for drawing coordinates.

carpenterson wrote
I read the manual.  You did not understand my question.  Before beinning  to draw in cad, one first needs to set up the page with a specific scale so you can make drawings to proper scale and proportion.  Other software (eg, smartdraw) has a "document setup" feature with dropdown tabs allowing the user to select units & scale, such as (in my case) 1/16:1, 1/8:8, 1/4:1, etc, all the qay to 10:1.  Once selected, the user can draw lines to exact length as desired.  I, and other users, have written posts stating we do not see this set up to  scale function on librecad.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by carpenterson
I may have a clue now what you are seeking. LibreCAD does not have a collection of prefabricated drawing templates for different sheet sizes, units, scales, genres, where you just can select one. You have to set this up yourself. This is done in Options - Current Drawing Preferences: https://docs.librecad.org/en/2.2.0_a/ref/draw-prefs.html
If there is no scale setting like 1'=1/16", then calculate the factor and type it in manually, it is 1:192 then.

I have made some sample files:
arch_inch_1_48_letter.dxf
arch_inch_1_96_letter.dxf
arch_inch_1_192_letter.dxf

Such a collection of prefabricated drawing templates could be added to LibreCAD to make it easier for not so experienced users, true.

Reply | Threaded
|

carpenterson
thank you;

What you suggested re adding a collection of prefabricated drawing  templates, would be useful. I think what I, and some of the others who made similar inquiries,  who are accustomed to doing  architectural drawing, kind of expected to be the standard scales used in architectural
 drafting.