which Version of Linux Mint Works Best with LibreCAD?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

which Version of Linux Mint Works Best with LibreCAD?

DaveC
I'm quite familiar with AutoCAD LT but have never used LibreCAD yet but want to learn to because I'm switching my computers to (Linux) Mint which won't support A'CAD.  Mint's available in 3 versions, Cinnamon, Mate & Xfce; is one of them more compatible with LibreCAD than the others?  (I hope I picked the right forum for this question; they all seemed better suited for users than future users like me.)  Thanks for the help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: which Version of Linux Mint Works Best with LibreCAD?

dellus
I don't really know it, but I think it doesn't make any difference. A disadvantage of Linux with LibreCAD generally is the version available can be a bit behind. At the moment all support 2.1.3, which is the official stable version now. But 2.2.0 RC or any nightly version is not provided.  But these work well as Windows version in Wine.
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
I use Xubuntu (so Ubuntu with XFCE) and I have no issue.

Old LibreCAD (2.1.2) is available in Ubuntu repo but I do not recommend using this release.
Official release is 2.1.3 which is available from Github.

If you want to use the latest features you may also try to build from source. Building proceedure was checked on Debian and Xubuntu at least. You can find it here : https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/appx/build.html#building-on-linux
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

ag123
In reply to this post by DaveC
i'm using opensuse 15.1, librecad can be pulled from the repository via zypper
but like mentioned, it is better to clone the repo from github and do a local build. the version distributed in the distribution tend to be a little old and normally has less fixes / features compared to build from source