classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good

Johnson
Hi folks

Recently I found when I try to use different type of fonts expecially "wqy-unicode" type,  I found the efficiency is very bad when the screen need to update .

It might be the important bug which might impact on the wide application for this software.

You could use attachment file to open .

firstly the open operation should be very slow
further, when opened, you try to zoom in/out, the response is unbearable...
you could also open another file ,then switch to this opened file, the switch response is also very unbearable....

but my file just contains limited text symbol. I don't think this is the expected efficiency.  other CAD software behavior well actually.

Thanks for you to work together on this bug to imporve our Librecad to be stronger.  
wqy-unicode-very_slow.dxf:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good

dxli
Hi Johnson,

this is a known issue. Currently, LibreCAD relies on stick fonts, and can not use the system fonts either Bitmap or vector based.

A new mechanism of font support is needed here for efficiency. Any help is welcome!

Thanks,

dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good

Johnson
Hi Dxli,

Thanks for your response.

Previously  I just knew bitmap or vector based font,    what's the definition for stick font ?
why LibreCAD choose this kind of this font  ?   because to common engineer  , this is not common .

Is there any plan of your team to improve this known issue,  I think many designer will be blocked by that  ?

wingame82

Date: 2013-05-22 22:49
Subject: Re: It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good
Hi Johnson,

this is a known issue. Currently, LibreCAD relies on stick fonts, and can not use the system fonts either Bitmap or vector based.

A new mechanism of font support is needed here for efficiency. Any help is welcome!

Thanks,

dxli

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/It-seems-LibreCAD-s-efficiency-on-TEXT-refreshing-redraw-is-not-good-tp5708102p5708105.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good

Johnson
In reply to this post by dxli
Hi  Dxli

I try to draw QT style Text ( not RS_TEXT style) like below, but I did not see the text displayed , do you know what's the reason ?

void QC_ApplicationWindow::testFont()
{
    RS_PainterQt painter(getMDIWindow()->getGraphicView()->PixmapLayer2);
    painter.setPen(0,0,255);
    painter.drawText(0,0,"ABCD");
    painter.end();
    getGraphicView()->redraw();
}

wingame82

Date: 2013-05-22 22:49
Subject: Re: It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good
Hi Johnson,

Thanks,

dxli

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/It-seems-LibreCAD-s-efficiency-on-TEXT-refreshing-redraw-is-not-good-tp5708102p5708105.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from It seems LibreCAD's efficiency on TEXT refreshing/redraw is not good, click here.
NAML