classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PDF Export is Empty

numra99
Hello,

I would like to print a map for our project at our University. After I convert my file into PDF, it shows nothing. This "map" should be 1 meter wide and 3 meters high. All squares must be 10cmx10cm. Here is the file: map.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: PDF Export is Empty

dellus
How did you "convert" the file to PDF? With an external tool? Then the output may be not as expected.

If I "export to pdf" with the built in feature, I get a visible drawing on A4 size at scale 1:10.1684 to fit on the sheet. map.pdf

If you want a PDF at scale 1:1 you have to set the paper size accordingly, 100 by 300 cm at least or a little larger if you want to include the outer text letters. Also it is advisable to change the line width to something larger than 0.00 mm, as this may be interpreted as invisible in some pdf-viewers.
Then export to PDF from within Print Preview mode with scale 1:1.
map_mod1.dxf
map_mod1.pdf

Reply | Threaded
|

numra99
Thank you very much for your help and answer. I did as you described without changing line width, but the quality is little bit low. Is there anything that I should do?

Here is my export: test_local.pdf

Here is a screenshot:
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The lines and text indeed are in your resulting pdf but are very, very thin. You can see them when you zoom in very close. As you stayed with the default line width of 0.00 mm it is displayed as a hairline, and relative to the large sheet size it almost disappears. So change the line width to at least 0.5 mm or more.
As all lines and text are on layer 0 go into the Layer List and edit the layer attributes of layer 0 to a line width of at least 0.5 mm.
Still it is awkward that your file is multiple times larger than mine. What is your OS and LibreCAD version?
Reply | Threaded
|

numra99
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
OSBuild 19045.4046
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

LibreCAD Version2.2.0.2
Compiler GNU GCC 12.1.0
QT Version 5.122.11
Boost Version 1.75.0

I will keep in mind you suggestions. Than you again for the help!

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
You can use librecad as a command line converter to png/PDF/svg, something like

Librecad.exe dxf2pdf foo.dxf

Would create a foo.pdf

numra99 wrote
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
OSBuild 19045.4046
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

LibreCAD Version2.2.0.2
Compiler GNU GCC 12.1.0
QT Version 5.122.11
Boost Version 1.75.0

I will keep in mind you suggestions. Than you again for the help!