Adding Thai translation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adding Thai translation

thep
I have started translating LibreCAD UI into Thai on Weblate. I have 2 questions:

1) Do I have to take more action to get it included in LibreCAD source tree?

2) As a Qt-based translation newbie, how can I test my translation on my local machine? I have tried "releasing" the translation from Qt5 Linguist and copying the output .qm file to /usr/share/librecad/qm/librecad_th.qm, where translations of other languages reside, but the app is still untranslated when opened.

Thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Adding Thai translation

dxli
After translations on weblate are submitted, the generated "*.ts" files will be integrated into LibreCAD's next builds, pending the maintainer integration of those files.

It's still a good idea to remind the maintainer (LordOfBikes) in the forum that you have added translations.

qm files contain the translation data, but the application also needs to be updated too, so LibreCAD should also be rebuilt (with ts files) to see your translations.

thep wrote
I have started translating LibreCAD UI into Thai on Weblate. I have 2 questions:

1) Do I have to take more action to get it included in LibreCAD source tree?

2) As a Qt-based translation newbie, how can I test my translation on my local machine? I have tried "releasing" the translation from Qt5 Linguist and copying the output .qm file to /usr/share/librecad/qm/librecad_th.qm, where translations of other languages reside, but the app is still untranslated when opened.

Thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
|

thep
Thanks for the info.

I wonder how to contact the maintainer. Would they see this thread of mine, or should I contact them directly?

Regarding my second question (translation testing), I have tried building LibreCAD from Git with librecad_th.ts added to TRANSLATIONS variable in librecad/src/src.pro, but the translation didn't show up. Then I finally found that I mistakenly used the traditional method of LC_MESSAGES setting. The effective way is to set "GUI Language" in Options > Application Preferences dialog. So, now I can test my translation on the APT-installed version without rebuilding. Thanks for your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I have updated the current git master with the latest weblate translations.

Please let me know whether Thai translation works properly.
thep wrote
Thanks for the info.

I wonder how to contact the maintainer. Would they see this thread of mine, or should I contact them directly?

Regarding my second question (translation testing), I have tried building LibreCAD from Git with librecad_th.ts added to TRANSLATIONS variable in librecad/src/src.pro, but the translation didn't show up. Then I finally found that I mistakenly used the traditional method of LC_MESSAGES setting. The effective way is to set "GUI Language" in Options > Application Preferences dialog. So, now I can test my translation on the APT-installed version without rebuilding. Thanks for your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by thep
@thep I'm aware of your actions, I'm noticed by Weblate and the forum about actions and messages.
Many thanks for your efforts.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

thep
In reply to this post by dxli
dxli wrote
I have updated the current git master with the latest weblate translations.

Please let me know whether Thai translation works properly.
Yes, it does. Thank you very much!
Reply | Threaded
|

thep
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
LordOfBikes wrote
@thep I'm aware of your actions, I'm noticed by Weblate and the forum about actions and messages.
Many thanks for your efforts.

Armin
Ah, that's nice. So, I can now continue my translation with ease.

One question, though: why TS files of some languages, such as en_AU, fi, hi, id_ID, sq_AL, zh_CN, zh_TW, come with message locations (the source files and line numbers the messages are located), while others, th included, come without? The message location is very helpful for choosing translated terms to suit the context. And I think it should always be available.