Architectural dimensions in command line? And a Grid question.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Architectural dimensions in command line? And a Grid question.

CADshell
Browsed topics but I don't see this addressed:

I just want to draw some very basic floor plans, so I set the units to Architectural. I used to do a lot of autocad drafting back in the day, and I really like using the Command line, but LibreCAD only seems to accept 'mm' units in the Command Line. Typing something like   2'-20"< 90  to draw a line, or 5" for an offset just doesn't work... returns "Unknown Command: 5" ".  Can someone explain? Maybe LibreCAD just doesn't do it.

I'd also like to change the GRID points to no less than 1". Snap also. The GRID currently has zillions of points... very difficult to select, and SNAP seems to go down to the 1/16".  Any tips appreciated!

Otherwise, I'm finding LibreCAD very intuitive! Bob's manuals have helped as well -- thanks!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Architectural dimensions in command line? And a Grid question.

dxli
unit support in command line mode and parameters in commands are requested features, waiting to be implemented. you can write (2'20" + 4'5")<45, as well as: line 2'20"<30 @1'4"<45

We need help from developers here.

If you can help improve the user manual, please register an account at wiki.librecad.org, and tell us your user name.

CADshell wrote
Browsed topics but I don't see this addressed:

I just want to draw some very basic floor plans, so I set the units to Architectural. I used to do a lot of autocad drafting back in the day, and I really like using the Command line, but LibreCAD only seems to accept 'mm' units in the Command Line. Typing something like   2'-20"< 90  to draw a line, or 5" for an offset just doesn't work... returns "Unknown Command: 5" ".  Can someone explain? Maybe LibreCAD just doesn't do it.

I'd also like to change the GRID points to no less than 1". Snap also. The GRID currently has zillions of points... very difficult to select, and SNAP seems to go down to the 1/16".  Any tips appreciated!

Otherwise, I'm finding LibreCAD very intuitive! Bob's manuals have helped as well -- thanks!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Architectural dimensions in command line? And a Grid question.

CADshell
In reply to this post by CADshell
Thanks for the tip on the command line syntax -- very useful!  :)

Will do! As an experienced Tech Writer, I actually can help with that user manual. Not sure how much time I can devote, but certainly 'some'.