Bug 454, precision in dimensions, not fixed for me?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug 454, precision in dimensions, not fixed for me?

cafewalter
I'm a brand new user of LibreCAD 2.06 on Mac OSX Mavericks.  I am running into the same issue as seems to be documented in bug 454, that the precision on dimensions is wrong, so that instead of e.g. 2.00" it just says 2.  As many others have noted, this won't work when giving drawings to machine shops for manufacturing.

The bug indicates that this was fixed in 2.04, but it doesn't say how the fix works.

Do I need to do something special to set the dimension precision properly?  I would have expected it to default to the drawing settings, but I have those set to 0.00 (two decimal places) and I am still seeing zero decimal places.

Also, I tried changing the attributes of the dimension element, but though the documentation says I can click the "modify attributes" tool and then click the dimension and a box will pop up to let me set attributes, I do not see any box pop up when I do this.

Is there an alternate way to set dimension precision, maybe through the command line?  How could I troubleshoot what is going on?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bug 454, precision in dimensions, not fixed for me?

dxli
hi cafewalter,

looks like the fix commit e1db360d was lost by some git mistake.

fixed again in master branch:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/38139610c3df2982a10fb851a79f7cbcc5e7634b

Thanks a lot for reporting.

cafewalter wrote
I'm a brand new user of LibreCAD 2.06 on Mac OSX Mavericks.  I am running into the same issue as seems to be documented in bug 454, that the precision on dimensions is wrong, so that instead of e.g. 2.00" it just says 2.  As many others have noted, this won't work when giving drawings to machine shops for manufacturing.

The bug indicates that this was fixed in 2.04, but it doesn't say how the fix works.

Do I need to do something special to set the dimension precision properly?  I would have expected it to default to the drawing settings, but I have those set to 0.00 (two decimal places) and I am still seeing zero decimal places.

Also, I tried changing the attributes of the dimension element, but though the documentation says I can click the "modify attributes" tool and then click the dimension and a box will pop up to let me set attributes, I do not see any box pop up when I do this.

Is there an alternate way to set dimension precision, maybe through the command line?  How could I troubleshoot what is going on?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bug 454, precision in dimensions, not fixed for me?

cafewalter
Thanks!

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM, dxli [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi cafewalter,

looks like the fix commit e1db360d was lost by some git mistake.

fixed again in master branch:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/38139610c3df2982a10fb851a79f7cbcc5e7634b

Thanks a lot for reporting.

cafewalter wrote
I'm a brand new user of LibreCAD 2.06 on Mac OSX Mavericks.  I am running into the same issue as seems to be documented in bug 454, that the precision on dimensions is wrong, so that instead of e.g. 2.00" it just says 2.  As many others have noted, this won't work when giving drawings to machine shops for manufacturing.

Do I need to do something special to set the dimension precision properly?  I would have expected it to default to the drawing settings, but I have those set to 0.00 (two decimal places) and I am still seeing zero decimal places.

Is there an alternate way to set dimension precision, maybe through the command line?  How could I troubleshoot what is going on?

Thanks!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Bug-454-precision-in-dimensions-not-fixed-for-me-tp5710687p5710688.html
To unsubscribe from Bug 454, precision in dimensions, not fixed for me?, click here.
NAML