classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bugg on Offset tool in Modify

Christian
Hello,
In the version 2.1.0-alpha recently downloaded and while testing the Offset tool of the Modify Bunch, I met the following problems:
1- Once I select the Offset tool, if I use any of the Select tools to select the chosen entity/entities, when pressing Enter nothing happens. If I select the entity/entities one by one without the use of the select tools, and press Enter, I get the tool option Distance.
2-If I draw a rectangle with the rectangle tool of Lines and want to offset it with the appropriate tool, I get the following:

not what I would have expected.
3-Is there a reason why this tool does not work with ellipses, much like the Parallel tool in the Line bunch?
Regards,
Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bugg on Offset tool in Modify

ravas
Do all of your selecting first, then activate a modify tool.

The rectangle is now a polyline, instead of a collection of line segments.
Try using 'Create Equidistant Polylines' instead of offset.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bugg on Offset tool in Modify

Christian
Thank you ravas it does work but I see it as a breach in the logic of the use of most tools:
1-when you first select the tool the Command line asks: "Select to create offset"
2-when you use Line Parallel you don't even need to select any entity at all.

I note that in this new version Arc Concentric and Circle Concentric have disappeared which is fine since Line Parallel will do the job but nothing exist to either offset or parallel ellipses (#3 in my original message).

Of course I have no idea whether or not it is possible but would it not be best if only one Parallel or Offset tool was present in the Modify bunch that would work with any possible entity, be it line, circle, arc, ellipse, arc of ellipse, polyline and spline? If it were my preference would be that it works like the Line Parallel tool.

Regards,

Christian