Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Convert Dimensions from Inches to Feet

claytoncarney
I have a floorplan drawing (with dimensions) completed with Units of Inch. How can I convert dimension display to feet?

I saw a very old thread that mentioned using the Modify > Scale command, but could not find how to set the Isotropic scaling factor (searched the manual; no hits for isotropic). It would be very helpful to find a method to quickly switch dimension display units.

Any suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Convert Dimensions from Inches to Feet

dxli
We should be able to support units.

Before that, you may try the menu:

Options > current drawing preferences> dimensions> text size & position> Length factor

For example, a factor of 25.4 should work for drawings created with inches to have mm dimensions.
claytoncarney wrote
I have a floorplan drawing (with dimensions) completed with Units of Inch. How can I convert dimension display to feet?

I saw a very old thread that mentioned using the Modify > Scale command, but could not find how to set the Isotropic scaling factor (searched the manual; no hits for isotropic). It would be very helpful to find a method to quickly switch dimension display units.

Any suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|

claytoncarney
Excellent! Works like a charm. Thank you very much!
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
But be aware of that this method only manipulates the text in the dimensions, the drawing itself is still in inches. When you do some measuring, asking properties or similar, or adding new elements you will see this.