Could I trim one entity with multiple entities?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Could I trim one entity with multiple entities?

Esche Hohenstein
I am a new user of LibreCAD and I meet some troble in modeling. I hope to model a hand wheel whose draft is as shown in first img.

But when i model it, I found that I cannot well delete the unwanted bounds of  the overlapped area, which is as shown in second img.

I have tried to use TRIM function but it seems that one entity could only do trim operation with one another entity, that's to say, in the blue layer as shown in the img, if the larger two circle has do TRIM fuction with one of the three small circle, it seems cant do the same operation with two another. If i insisted to do this, the bounds have been trimed would appear again.
I am completely not familiar to LibreCAD before so I am not sure that is the unsuccessful situation origins from my potential wrong operation in using TRIM or the limitation of TRIM itself. I have tried to search online  but I found no such case or solution. Could someone help me to tackle this problem? Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Could I trim one entity with multiple entities?

LordOfBikes
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Welcome!

A CIRCLE is a basic entity which is defined by center and radius.
When a CIRCLE is trimmed, it becomes a different entity, an ARC, which has additionally a starting and ending angle.
This will work one time, but can be tricky, because trimming depends on the locations of clicking.
Trimming the ARC again will probably remove the main part of it.

What you need is Devide, find it also in the Modify menu or tool bar. This allows to split the ARC or CIRCLE into multiple entities. Then simply select the unwanted parts and delete them.

See https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/tools.html?highlight=divide#modify
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Could I trim one entity with multiple entities?

Esche Hohenstein
Thanks for your help Lord of Bikes! it does work!