classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Crash Problems with Ver. 2.0.0beta1 on opening saved file

Katmandieux
This post was updated on .
Ver. 2.0.0beta1 crashes when I try to open a file I have saved and closed.  I'm using a Macbook with 10.6.8, 2 GB ram, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.  Specifically, I can start Librecad just fine, but if I try to open a saved file I see a little white bowtie and then the spinning pinwheel of Death.  Then the whole program quits and someone asks me if I want to report this to Apple.  This happens whether I choose a file from the list at the bottom of the File dropdown screen or click Open and go to it that way.  Note - I just successfully opened a drawing by loading it through "New from Template" in the file menu.  It looks like all of the settings need to be redone, and it is unnamed, but at least I can get back to work.  Ver. 1.0.2 seemed to work ok, I just upgraded yesterday.  Thanks!

Update - It just crashed while deleting 2 lines while in the middle of drawing.  I selected 2 lines, went to Modify and Delete Selected, it hesitated for about 2 seconds, and quit.  Any ideas on how to stabilize this program?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Crash Problems with Ver. 2.0.0beta1 on opening saved file

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Hello,

we know about issues on OSX and have this in the planning to be fixed.

On Apr 22, 2013, at 11:08 AM, "Katmandieux [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ver. 2.0.0beta1 crashes when I try to open a file I have saved and closed.  I'm using a Macbook with 10.6.8, 2 GB ram, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.  Specifically, I can start Librecad just fine, but if I try to open a saved file I see a little white bowtie and then the spinning pinwheel of Death.  Then the whole program quits and someone asks me if I want to report this to Apple.  This happens whether I choose a file from the list at the bottom of the File dropdown screen or click Open and go to it that way.  Note - I just successfully opened a drawing by loading it through "New from Template" in the file menu.  It looks like all of the settings need to be redone, and it is unnamed, but at least I can get back to work.  Ver. 1.0.2 seemed to work ok, I just upgraded yesterday.  Thanks!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Crash-Problems-with-Ver-2-0-0beta1-on-opening-saved-file-tp5707946.html
To start a new topic under Troubleshooting and problems, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML