classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Crashing regularly

Gorbee1254
Hello all

New to Librecad and have been searching for an answer to this all over to no avail.

I did some drawings in Librecad. They are a little detailed but not crazy. Most of the element are in blocks anyway. I had a notification to update Librecad a few weeks back and since then, all my drawings crash unless they are simple drawings. No warning, just closes the program.

I have kind of narrowed it down to bringing the move/measure objects into the drawing. If I select move, I can type in reference points and it all works fine. The second I bring the crosshair onto the page, it freezes and closes. Even then, this is somewhat sporadic. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newer, and older, versions of Librecad and it's pretty much the same story.

Any ideas of where I could start looking for a solution? Thanks in advance
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Crashing regularly

dellus
Maybe you have piled up a lot of blocks (maybe even unused, generated by copy and paste), which can make a drawing heavy.
Or the snap settings are changed, be sure to have Free Snap on.
You may also try Options - Application Preferences - Defaults - Clear Settings - All.

What OS, what LibreCAD version? Can you provide a sample file?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorbee1254
So, clearing the settings worked first time but not continually and it happens across all my drawings. The software used to crash out when I brought up the yellow crosshairs for anything including moving or copying anything. Cleared the settings, it works for bringing up the yellow crosshairs but will freeze and crash when I after moving an element of the drawing.

I am running Windows 10 (updated as of 09-07-2021) and running LibreCAD as follows:

Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Sep 23 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Maybe it's an issue with an update of Windows 10 other users haven't reported yet. I'm still on XP so can't test. To find out you could try with your drawings on a different PC with an older Windows. You can use a portable version from portableapps.com if you hesitate to install on some one else's PC. Perhaps the portable even behaves differently on your own PC.
You can also test the latest 2.2.0 rc version, maybe it's fixed.
If you have used a file from a source other than LibreCAD as a base or used blocks from outside file incompatibilities might have been introduced.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
What comes to my mind is an issue with dashed construction lines which let LibreCAD crash on zoom or move iirc.
This issue and a some more were fixed in latest nightly builds. So I recommend to try this first.
It's in release candidate state and more stable than 2.1.3.
Find it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/master/
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorbee1254
Thanks both. Thought I'd provide an update on this one.

I updated (again) to 2.2.0 and the drawings are working fine again. Not sure exactly why, maybe clearing the data did some good as well.

Many thanks for your help.