classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing issues

Eddie
Hi Guys
I am a new user to LibreCad a I am having issues with printing size.  My drawing is set as 1:1 but when I print I can hardly see the print and if I print to a Pdf to improve the printing the size is increased to around 2:1.  I can't seem to find a fix.
I am using version 2.2.0 and Windows 10.
Any assistance would be great.
Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing issues

dellus
What means you can hardly see the print?  Lines too faint and thin? Check the line widths used. Maybe 0.00 mm or Default (the same)? Use a proper line width like 0.25 mm. If you have used ByLayer then set in the layer properties.
How line width 0.00 is displayed in a pdf is determined in the pdf viewer and can be handled differently.
Wrong scale when printing to pdf: print from Print Preview in any case.

Reply | Threaded
|

Eddie
Thanks for your reply
I am currently using a line width of 0.25mm so that should not be the issue.  When printing I only get very faint reproduction including text which is currently set at 2.5.  When printing from print preview I can see immediately that the drawing is going to print too big as it takes up the complete view panel.  I had previously printed the file at 1:1 and it printed the correct size but now all of my drawings are doing the same.  I have to reduce the size when printing an exported Pdf to 55%.  Is there another setting that I am not seeing apart from the one in Current Drawing Preferences.
Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Eddie
Hi Dellus,
I am not sure what I have done but the issue of print quality is fixed.  I changed so may things I don't know which one fixed it.  I also identified the issue of print size.  Every time I go in to print preview it defaults to 1.82245:1.  Is there a way of changing this to 1:1 as a default without having to select 1:1 each time I want to print.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Eddie
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
When opening Print preview it tries to fit the whole drawing within the paper sheet. You might have a tiny object somewhere off the main elements, nearly invisible, maybe an accidental  remnant of some operation. You can find it with Select - Select All.
You can pin Print Preview to 1:1 with marking the "fixed" box, but it's not persistent, just as long as that drawing is opened, I think. It's not possible to set the scale permanently.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Eddie
Thank you,
I didn't find any remnants and you are right as soon as you leave the same file the fixed print scale reverts back.  At least I know now.

Cheers keep safe and thanks again.
Eddie