classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Default zoom (Auto zoom) on document open and Dimension defaults

madsci
Hello Everyone,
I'm new user of LibreCAD, I like it very much. I used it manly to view .dxf and .dwg files, and
to dimension the contours I receive.

Is there a way (or some config file setting) to enable default zoom when opening files. I have to click Auto zoom every time I'm opening file.

Also I need to setup Current drawing preferences - Dimension every time, for linear precision and linear zeroes (Linear zeroes: remove left and right - is much more important for me).
Can this be fixed with templates maybe, or this have to be set for every document. Can this be overridden so to use some default view settings for all documents something like application default.

Can we turn off the warning for dwg files being experimental (do not show again).

Also I noticed small bug - it cannot open file with unicode char in filename on win 10 - not big deal.

Thank you very much for your help

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Default zoom (Auto zoom) on document open and Dimension defaults

dellus
In LibreCAD 2.2.0 rc you can enable default zoom when opening files in Application Preferences - Defaults.

Current Drawing Preferences are a property of and written into a file you are opening. You can't open it with predefined different settings. For starting a new drawing you can use a template you have made.
You might experiment with importing a drawing into a template of your own as a block, and then explode it. But with possible necessary fixings afterwards it may be more effort in the end.

An option to turn off the dwg warning is a case for a feature request at github. I consider it as a very low priority.

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by madsci
You probably won't read this anymore, but the better solution instead of via block import may be to have your template drawing open, then also open the received drawing with the contours and copy and paste them into the template. Rescaling might be necessary.
Reply | Threaded
|

madsci
Hi dellus,
Thank you for the answer, you are correct, as it seams it is the property of file.
it is simpler for me just to adjust it as necessary each time I need it.
I really like the LibreCAD I find it much better than other software I used and tried before.
(sorry for the late answer, I was in isolation, back to work today;) )