Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimension text blocked out

beng
Making progress using librecad. I am experiencing  a problem with the Dimension text. In the drawing window the dimension text shows up as a box. If I do a print or a print preview or export to a pdf the text is correctly displayed.dimension text in drawing windowdimension text in print windowdrawing prefsdrawing prefs

Version: 2.2.0.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0
Compiled on: Jul 29 2023
Qt Version: 5.12.11
Boost Version: 1.75.0
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimension text blocked out

dellus
From FAQ: If you see an empty rectangle where the dimension text should be, then check that View → Draft is not active.
In Draft mode text is simplified to boxes to speed up screen rendering.
Reply | Threaded
|

beng
Tried the draft mode toggle. Made no difference
Thanks
Ben
Reply | Threaded
|

beng
In reply to this post by beng
So I restarted LibreCad and the text now shows up
One thing I have noticed, when I export to a PDF file there seems to be a lot of variation in PDF viewers
I need to define the line width to ~.5mm or greater for it to be visible all viewers. Adobe seems to be correct but after that I see a lot of variation. Just an observation
Reply | Threaded
|

beng
In reply to this post by beng
Also I did reboot my computer
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
PDF - viewers differ in how they handle line width 0.00mm. Some show it as fine hairline, some very faint, and some not at all. At some viewers you can make a setting how to show a hair line.
In LibreCAD 0.00mm is the setting for line width out of the box. Anything larger than that should show well in a print or pdf.
I see in your shown Drawing Preferences you have General Scale at 1 and Text Height at 1. This means the drawing is set to be printed at scale 1:1 (a large plan) and with a dimension text height of 1". Now if you view the resulting pdf in the pdf viewer or even print it from there with it set to fit to paper the line width will be scaled down accordingly on screen or paper. So even a properly set standard line width of 0.25 mm may appear too faint.