Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimensioning error

SupDoc
I have a serious dimensioning error in finishing up a drawing. It appears in two places, both on the radial dimension & the horizontal dimension as R=0.69 and the D= 1.38. Checking it under magnification using the numbers at the bottom I get the correct value of D= 2.75, also notice in the properties box I get the correct value of R= 1.375. That's two correct values and two erroneous errors.  Is there a fix for this? Can I delete the Radial error in the drawing & replace it using the M-text feature? Will this fix the dxf file?Dimensioning Problem I'm about to send this to a shop that does 3-D printing. I can't afford a mistake here.
p.s. I'm working on the Printing problem too. I can live with that, as I can convert the dxf file to a Pdf file.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensioning error

dellus
Is this error only at these two dimensions and not in others in that file? If it is in all dimensions it looks like you have a wrong setting in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions - Length Factor. Normally should be 1, otherwise the dimension text is manipulated accordingly. But the drawing itself is not changed.

You can override an existing dimension text with Properties. Again the drawing itself is not changed.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensioning error

SupDoc

Dellus,

Thank you so very much for your great support, even when I asked some ridiculous newbie questions.  This software superbly elegant, and it's free!  My hats off to all the guys that worked on it.

Best Regards,

Don Zrudsky

On 10/11/2019 7:19 PM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Is this error only at these two dimensions and not in others in that file? If it is in all dimensions it looks like you have a wrong setting in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions - Length Factor. Normally should be 1, otherwise the dimension text is manipulated accordingly. But the drawing itself is not changed.

You can override an existing dimension text with Properties. Again the drawing itself is not changed.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/Dimensioning-error-tp5717816p5717817.html
To unsubscribe from Dimensioning error, click here.
NAML