classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimensions and chenges to to them

trueter79
Hey Folks,

I have started a simple drawing Project, just to do a few first steps. My Question

Having draw a straight Forward line of lets say 100mm, I have added the adequate dimensions. This tells me 100mm and that is perfect. Now, I am changing the length of the line from 100 to 110. I expected the dimensions to automatically update itself on the new lwngth...but it doesn't.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you very much for your help!

cheers
torsten
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensions and chenges to to them

dellus
This would be an advanced feature, which LibreCAD doesn't have. Only if the invisible reference points of the dimension are moved too with the operation, the dimension will update. Like Stretch or Scale.
Or you might manually move reference points, visible as tiny blue squares after selecting a dimension, by pulling them to a different spot, using snap.
Reply | Threaded
|

trueter79
Thank you dellus!

actually, I thought so. I suppose that it is the same with drawn lines. So if I had drawn a horizontal line with a vertical line from it's endpoint upwards, the vertical line would remain at it's position even if I had shifted the end Point of the horizontal line by streching the line.

However, I feel that librecad is a great tool!
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by dellus
I have to correct myself. "Only if the invisible reference points of the dimension are moved too with the operation, the dimension will update. Like Stretch or Scale." - This applies only if you select the line by pulling up a window around it. This way the dimension's reference points are caught also.