Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing Over an Image

electrosteam
I have imported an image (jpg) into my drawing and now need to make a drawing of the content.
My attempts to draw directly on top of the image have failed.

What I can do is draw something outside the image and move it into position over the image.
Then, turn image visibility off, adjust the drawing, and make the image visible to check the correlation.
Repeat as necessary.

Any suggestions on a better way ?

Keep well,
John.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawing Over an Image

electrosteam
I am dumb.

3 years ago I discussed image problems and it was pointed out that locking a layer helps greatly.

Tried the layer lock, and it works superbly.

This is the problem with older amateurs (like me) using a tool occasionally.
We forget.

But, on the good side, this thread will help others in the future when they search on the subject.

Keep well,
John.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by electrosteam
You can draw on top of the image. At least you should be able to do so. But the problem is if you try to select any entity within the image area, always the image gets selected instead.  And if you lock the layer with the image, nothing can get selected. This is a bug. From earlier discussions it seems this cannot be easily fixed.
A workaround suitable for some operations is selection by pulling up a window around the desired entities. This works, but is of no use for many tools.
So you can draw, create entities, but can (almost) not edit them.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by electrosteam
I just have found another trick. I discovered you can switch layer visibility on and off during an operation. So for example if you want to draw Line - Parallel through point invoke the command, then make the image's layer invisible, select the original line, then make the image's layer visible again and specify point in the image.