Drawings from version 1.0.1 become garbage in version 2.0.2 (ubuntu14.0.1 and Mint 17)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawings from version 1.0.1 become garbage in version 2.0.2 (ubuntu14.0.1 and Mint 17)

andre
Hello to you all.

I made some drawing in version 1.0.1 and they looks nice (for me) but after the update to version 2.0.2 the drawing become garbage.

This one is OK
But the next one not.

The strait lines wont stop and when the drawing becomes more complex the problem becomes bigger.

I saved the drawings in the default dxf format.
When I try to save then as r12 libreCAD will hang.

Sorry for my bad English

thank for you time...
As long there is no smoke there is still a small chance for success.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawings from version 1.0.1 become garbage in version 2.0.2 (ubuntu14.0.1 and Mint 17)

R. van Twisk
Administrator

Andre,

can you edit the layer of the lines that are extended and see if ‘construction layer’ tickbox is switched on?

On Aug 14, 2014, at 3:57 PM, andre [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello to you all.

I made some drawing in version 1.0.1 and they looks nice (for me) but after the update to version 2.0.2 the drawing become garbage.
This one is OK
But the next one not.
The strait lines wont stop and when the drawing becomes more complex the problem becomes bigger.

I saved the drawings in the default dxf format.
When I try to save then as r12 libreCAD will hang.

Sorry for my bad English

thank for you time...

To start a new topic under Troubleshooting, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawings from version 1.0.1 become garbage in version 2.0.2 (ubuntu14.0.1 and Mint 17)

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by andre
Andre,

it looks like the construction layer feature is activated on some layers.

In LibreCAD 2 you activate a construction layer by disable printing in the layer list. All lines become infinite on such a layer. Enabling printing again shows the lines in their original length.

Find the printer symbol in the layer list and toggle it to see the effect.

If you want a layer not to be printed, you have to freeze it before printing, this is done with the eye icon in the layer list, then all entities on that layer are hidden on screen and printing.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

andre
Dear Gentleman,

Your spot on, I unchecked the help layer and I love the result.

Thank for the quick response.
As long there is no smoke there is still a small chance for success.