classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How a short way to create?

Wolfgang
Hello, please help

For example, I have a rectangle. On this I would like to add a rectangle. In the same length and the height for example 2.

I don´t know the length in x
i don´t want to measure

thank you for your help

Wolfgang
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How a short way to create?

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Wolfgang!

There are many ways to achieve this.
I would use the parallel line tool. On the top is the tool option bar, where you can enter the distance for the parallel line, when the tool is active. In this case, the distance is the height of the new rectangle.
Then, with snap on endpoints active, you can draw the left and right vertical lines using the 2-points line tool.
Or, if you need to have a closed rectangle, start with the parallel line too, but then use the rectangle tool with snap on endpoints active. Use the existing rectangle for the bottom left point and the right end of the parallel line as top right point of the new rectangle. At last, you can delete the parallel line again.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by Wolfgang
The tutorials or user manual will get you going. Note the top of the main forum page:

Reply | Threaded
|

Wolfgang
Armin Thank you for your Help.

I´m planning furniture´s. I start with the corpus. Then I plan the wall´s and back wall… So, I have to too it very often. I know as well a lot of ways. Measure, Helping line, intercept point. But that not what I’m looking for. I look for a short way.
I’m looking for a way like auto cad or draw sight:
Rectangle - snap point left then right and then insert the height.
Or
Rectangle - snap point left - then only X snap point right - and for Y insert value.

flywire - sorry what do you mean - tutorials or user manual - I haven´t found something but it is hard to use the search for my question in a foreign language

ciao,
wolfgang
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Yes, a foreign language is hard to do. The tutorials and user manual have some good exercises that would help do this. You could look at youtube videos too. They are in mostly in English and I don't know about your language.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In LibreCAD there is no such quick way to do it like in AutoCAD.
 If you want to stick with LC it is better to accept working with the full procedure: Rectangle - snap point left - spacebar to activate command line -  @x,y - Enter. Or LordofBikes advice with parallel. Or...
Maybe some day LibreCAD will have that quick way, maybe.    
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I have an idea, if you want to spare yourself to measure and type in the x value, you can set and lock relative zero to the right snap point, then for specify second rectangle corner type in the command line @0,your wanted y-value, enter. If you have done that once, set and lock relative zero are quickly at hand with right mouse click.
It would be better if relative zero could be set in between, during the rectangle operation (I think that's called a transparent command), without canceling it. You don't have to lock it then. Works that way in QCAD, tested. Room for improvement...
Reply | Threaded
|

Wolfgang
Hello dellus,
I didn´t think about it, works good.
thank you