classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to set the scale for printing?

jkop
Hello!

Whatever scale i select in the print preview the drawing is zoomed to the paper extents. How come?  I'm using LibreCAD Version: 1.0.1  SCM Revision: 1.0.0 Compiled on: Feb 21 2012. My system is Ubuntu 12.04 (AMD64bit). Cheers!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to set the scale for printing?

dxli
hi jkop,

can you test the 1.0.2 release? please report to our bug tracker, if the bug is still there.

thanks,

dxli

jkop wrote
Hello!

Whatever scale i select in the print preview the drawing is zoomed to the paper extents. How come?  I'm using LibreCAD Version: 1.0.1  SCM Revision: 1.0.0 Compiled on: Feb 21 2012. My system is Ubuntu 12.04 (AMD64bit). Cheers!
Reply | Threaded
|

jkop
Hello!

Thanks for your reply, but I can't find version 1.0.2 for Ubuntu. The one in their repositories is 1.0.1. So, instead I have now installed the daily build, which is currently at Version: master SCM Revision: 2.0.0alpha3 Compiled on: Apr 25 2012. And the print scale problem is reproduced in this version as well: whatever scale I select the drawing remains zoomed to its extents in relation to the paper size. So, I guess I should find that bug tracker...
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Our bug tracker at sf.net:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=342582&atid=1433844

jkop wrote
Hello!

Thanks for your reply, but I can't find version 1.0.2 for Ubuntu. The one in their repositories is 1.0.1. So, instead I have now installed the daily build, which is currently at Version: master SCM Revision: 2.0.0alpha3 Compiled on: Apr 25 2012. And the print scale problem is reproduced in this version as well: whatever scale I select the drawing remains zoomed to its extents in relation to the paper size. So, I guess I should find that bug tracker...
Reply | Threaded
|

zs1otb
I also seem to find a similar problem. The drawing is shows in relation to the paper size.

jkop if you will report the bug it would be appreciated.
Asking a question is not stupid, it is rather a sure way to get enlightened...
Reply | Threaded
|

jkop
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by dxli
dxli, thanks for the link!

zs1otb, the report is here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3521694&group_id=342582&atid=1433844

EDIT

Perpahs the problem can be isolated to some property of imported dxf drawings, for drawings made from scratch with LibreCAD seem to scale and print just as they should. Yet the drawings I've imported and edited with LibreCAD just won't scale at all. They scale neither when I have deleted all entities, created new layers, and drawn new lines, nor when I copy and paste the lines into an entirely new drawing. So what could be in those lines causing such a problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

jkop
something about the range for the scale factor in my drawings, but now with version compiled on May 5 2012 it seems to scale as it should. Thanks very much devs :)
Reply | Threaded
|

maqifrnswa
In reply to this post by jkop
Traveling, so sorry for being late

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM, jkop [via LibreCAD]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Thanks for your reply, but I can't find version 1.0.2 for Ubuntu. The one in
> their repositories is 1.0.1. So, instead I have now installed the daily
> build, which is currently at Version: master SCM Revision: 2.0.0alpha3
> Compiled on: Apr 25 2012. And the print scale problem is reproduced in this
> version as well: whatever scale I select the drawing remains zoomed to its
> extents in relation to the paper size. So, I guess I should find that bug
> tracker...

1.0.2 is in our stable release PPA:
https://code.launchpad.net/~librecad-dev/+archive/librecad-stable

for now it is only available for Ubuntu 12.04 (precise). When 2.0 is
released I'll backport it to 12.04.
~Scott
Reply | Threaded
|

jkop
Hi again!

I'm using the daily build for now. However, after a recent upgrade, while I can still scale the drawins in print preview, nothing gets printed anymore. And again, if I make a  new drawing from scratch in LibreCAD, then it will print. But not the dxfs from my school, So perhaps it is again the range of the scale factor in these particular drawings that cause more trouble for LibreCAD?  :s  
Reply | Threaded
|

jkop
Now I have also tried the stable release, 1.0.2, and can report that print preview scaling of these drawings does not work with the stable release either. While the current daily build of LibreCAD allows print preview scaling these particular drawings won't print after the latest upgrade (yesterday), and which might corelate to the large range for their scale factor.
Reply | Threaded
|

JAPrufrock
WRI noticed a similar problem when I opened a dxf file that was created with a different application, in my case Autocad. Once in Librecad, if I change the units in Current Drawing Preferences from inches to metric units, I can't print properly anymore. If I leave the units in inches, even though I might change other parameters in Current Drawing Preferences, it seems to print Ok. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi JAPrufrock,

Please submit a bug report to our bug tracker at sourceforge.net. If possible, include an example dxf and steps to reproduce.

Thanks for reporting,

dxli

JAPrufrock wrote
WRI noticed a similar problem when I opened a dxf file that was created with a different application, in my case Autocad. Once in Librecad, if I change the units in Current Drawing Preferences from inches to metric units, I can't print properly anymore. If I leave the units in inches, even though I might change other parameters in Current Drawing Preferences, it seems to print Ok. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.
Reply | Threaded
|

vidyadhara buddhiraju
this is happening even to drawings created directly in librecad. I am on version 1.0.1 on ubuntu 12.04
Reply | Threaded
|

vidyadhara buddhiraju
I have just upgraded to version 2.0 alpha

I am able to set the preview scale on the preview window but the moment I attempt to zoom using the middle button the print scale shifts to a random figure apparently aimed at including a certain amount of drawing space in the print area.
sometimes to 1:1 some times to 1: 1.3432 etc.

There is however a check box next to the scale text to lock the scale to a figure chosen in the scale text box.

And this is improving the behavior.
Reply | Threaded
|

upgrading to version 2.0 alpha

vidyadhara buddhiraju