Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Issues in linux chroot environment, armhf device

armido
Installation of LibreCAD is in a Ubuntu Precise chroot environment accessed with vnc on a Motorola Xoom armhf tablet.

This applies to LibreCAD installed from current source, Sunday Aug. 24, 2014 and from Ubuntu Precise repository.  

Started with 'librecad' the display is black/white with menu items invisible unless hovered over.  
Started with 'librecad -graphicssystem native' everything looks normal and menu items are functional.  However, there is no red crosshair and files when loaded are invisible.  
Started with 'librecad -graphicssystem openGL (or opengl) red crosshair is present and files visible when loaded.  However, some menu items do not work at all.  Menu item 'File', 'Open File' opens a blank window.  Program runs very slow...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Issues in linux chroot environment, armhf device

armido
Adding that when launching as 'librecad' the error message repeats.

BadGC (invalid GC parameter) 13
Reply | Threaded
|

armido
Launched with 'librecad -graphicssystem native' no errors aside from the typical appear (below).  However loaded files and attempting to draw anything new is fruitless.  Everything including the cross-hair remains invisible.

android@localhost:~$ librecad -graphicssystem native
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":0.0".

(librecad:14663): Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 38 (Function not implemented)
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I have no experience on ubuntu chroot on android.

Looks like the trouble is from X-window support. I suppose is a virtual video device displayed by VNC from android.

armido wrote
Launched with 'librecad -graphicssystem native' no errors aside from the typical appear (below).  However loaded files and attempting to draw anything new is fruitless.  Everything including the cross-hair remains invisible.

android@localhost:~$ librecad -graphicssystem native

(librecad:14663): Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 38 (Function not implemented)
Reply | Threaded
|

armido
This post was updated on .
The first two messages are always present, regardless of the program being launched from a terminal and the programs function 100% normal.

The third message relates to librecad specifically.  The  "librecad:number" in the third message changes with each new start.  I don't have a clue regarding the numbers significance.  Anyone who's a developer who can help out?

When launched as 'librecad -graphicssystem native' everything works except there is no cross hair, loaded files and attempts to draw in the drawing window are invisible.  Resolve these issues and I have a useable installation.

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
To run ubuntu chroot, do I need a rooted android?

I would like to try it. For long time we have been talking about android/ios ports of LC. If chroot is good enough, it's an easy solution. For example, I can run ubuntu chroot from chromebook, so, we don't have to develop for chromebook.

armido wrote
The first two messages are always present, regardless of the program being launched from a terminal and the programs function 100% normal.

The third message relates to librecad specifically.  The  "librecad:number" in the third message changes with each new start.  I don't have a clue regarding the numbers significance.  Anyone who's a developer who can help out?

When launched as 'librecad -graphicssystem native' everything works except there is no cross hair, loaded files and attempts to draw in the drawing window are invisible.  Resolve these issues and I have a useable installation.

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

armido
Yes.  In order to have the proper permissions needed to do almost anything out of the ordinary, you'll need to unlock the bootloader and root an android device.  Check out XDA Developers http://www.xda-developers.com/ for a method to unlock and root your android device.
Reply | Threaded
|

armido
Updating this subject to reflect the fact I'm able to run LibreCADD by executing 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/android/Downloads/LibreCADD/unix' and launching as 'librecad -graphicssystem openGL'

Although the speed is a littly laggy all menues function normally and files display properly.

I was missing some dependencies, subsequently installed.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Thanks for updating.

Please add your android chroot tips to our wiki.librecad.org, as your tips may help lots of end users.

please let us know your wiki user name, so permissions can be added.

armido wrote
Updating this subject to reflect the fact I'm able to run LibreCADD by executing 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/android/Downloads/LibreCADD/unix' and launching as 'librecad -graphicssystem openGL'

Although the speed is a littly laggy all menues function normally and files display properly.

I was missing some dependencies, subsequently installed.
Reply | Threaded
|

armido
Instructions for installing linux and LibreCAD on android devices have been added to the WIKI today, October 12, 2014.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
didn't find it on wiki.librecad.org

could you add a link to the wiki main page?
armido wrote
Instructions for installing linux and LibreCAD on android devices have been added to the WIKI today, October 12, 2014.