7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

After save unable to offset lines

achilliesdev
Using version SCM Revision: 2.0.3-2-g13626e3 on OSX Mountain Loin

In process of updating to version 2.0.5

Current issue is that after creating a new drawing and drafting up plan views of building with at least 6 layers for walls, beams, dimensions, construction lines and other layers, everything works fine until I save the file. After saving as long as I keep the file open everything works fine, it is once I close the file and reopen it that things go wrong. The issue is most lines created before the save and close are not selectable once a command such as offset is used. Some lines work but for the most part the majority of the project lines will not activate when the pointer is brought over the line.

Some solutions I have tried:

Close the file and open it using recent files
Close the file and reopen.
Close out the program and open the file through file>open
Shut down and restart computer and try file.
Turn off all layers and only have layer active for action.
Select one line use properties function and change the existing layer to another
Return the changed line layer back to the existing layer

This has happened to me more then once to the point I usually do not save the file until I am complete with it so that I have edit ability.  Not all files have this problem but for the most part it has effected most all of my files I have created.

I will upgrade the version to the latest and see if this problem persists.

Any suggestions or work arounds would be greatly appreciated.

Vinaka

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: After save unable to offset lines

dxli
can you help on MacPorts and DMG packaging?

We don't have any OS/X developer on board, and help on OSX is badly needed.

achilliesdev wrote
Using version SCM Revision: 2.0.3-2-g13626e3 on OSX Mountain Loin

In process of updating to version 2.0.5

Current issue is that after creating a new drawing and drafting up plan views of building with at least 6 layers for walls, beams, dimensions, construction lines and other layers, everything works fine until I save the file. After saving as long as I keep the file open everything works fine, it is once I close the file and reopen it that things go wrong. The issue is most lines created before the save and close are not selectable once a command such as offset is used. Some lines work but for the most part the majority of the project lines will not activate when the pointer is brought over the line.

Some solutions I have tried:

Close the file and open it using recent files
Close the file and reopen.
Close out the program and open the file through file>open
Shut down and restart computer and try file.
Turn off all layers and only have layer active for action.
Select one line use properties function and change the existing layer to another
Return the changed line layer back to the existing layer

This has happened to me more then once to the point I usually do not save the file until I am complete with it so that I have edit ability.  Not all files have this problem but for the most part it has effected most all of my files I have created.

I will upgrade the version to the latest and see if this problem persists.

Any suggestions or work arounds would be greatly appreciated.

Vinaka
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
In reply to this post by achilliesdev
Ok found the problem.

I had turned off grid, once that had been done for some reason it deactivates lines, pointer select of an entity. This is all I have found so far.

Not sure why grid on and grid off would effect the drawing function this vastly. I will check prvious drawings to see if this effect is persistant with those previous draws.

If so I will fill a bug report once I find a reason for this function disabling.

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
In reply to this post by dxli
I would be happy to help but I have not had much luck with packaging apps or even compiling apps on my system. I think there is an association issue with some of my API's. Since I do various types of programming I have many API's and many different compilers installed. Since I am somewhat new to Mac programming I am still learning the in's and out's and do's and don't of Mac programming.

I will play around with packaging and DMG's to see if I can work out the bugs before I produce a viable DMG or package for macports and or download.

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
We also need some updates for OSX wiki

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Main_Page

Please register an account at our wiki, in case you don't have one yet.

Let us know your username there, so permissions can be added.

achilliesdev wrote
I would be happy to help but I have not had much luck with packaging apps or even compiling apps on my system. I think there is an association issue with some of my API's. Since I do various types of programming I have many API's and many different compilers installed. Since I am somewhat new to Mac programming I am still learning the in's and out's and do's and don't of Mac programming.

I will play around with packaging and DMG's to see if I can work out the bugs before I produce a viable DMG or package for macports and or download.
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
Account name on wiki is Bill Sparton user ID 681. I will try and create some useful information as I have time. I will also start playing around with configuration of app to see what things can and can not be changed so that those using a Mac can improve their experience.

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi Bill,

Your wiki account was already confirmed. :)

For OS/X, I will update the building wiki page later tonight, hope it would be easier for Mac users.

Thanks,

dxli

achilliesdev wrote
Account name on wiki is Bill Sparton user ID 681. I will try and create some useful information as I have time. I will also start playing around with configuration of app to see what things can and can not be changed so that those using a Mac can improve their experience.