Here is the info from Help > About for the librecad I am using:
Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 10.2.1
Compiled on: Jan 28 2021
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Boost Version: 1.74.0
System: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

on a Dell Optiplex 990 PC.

Librecad will only use the Decimal Format for dimensions when placing dimension lines regardless of what the value is set to in Current Drawing Preferences.  When i start with an "empty.dxf" with the value set to Fractional or Architectural or Scientific or Engineering, it still renders as Decimal.  When I change it in a drawing, it has no effect.

My recollection is that in the previous version I was using, when I changed this parameter, the drawing would update to the new setting.

I have searched to see if others may be having this problem and have not found anyone with similar experience so far.

I certainly appreciate any ideas or suggestions;  maybe it is something really silly on my part.

Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Length Format in Current Drawing Preferences > Units

dellus
Are you aware of that you have to set the format units also in Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions - Format units?
Reply | Threaded
|

stargazerinwg
This post was updated on .
Yes, I have it set to Inch.

I managed to build 2.2 from source on a different Debian Bullseye PC and it displays the same issue although it does not display the behavior described below.

Also, I see that when I am in the Drawing Preferences on the Units tab and click the drop-down menu for Angle Format, it changes what is in the Precision drop down for Length.  It is different for each Length Format value.

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I mean this:

Reply | Threaded
|

stargazerinwg
Thank you very much!  I had not looked at this parameter.  Aside from feeling a little stupid right now, I am good to go.

This is great software and an awesome forum.