classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD customize capability

HQ-ENSG
Hello

I’m totally new in LibreCAD and I write this topic not as a user but as a “manager”. I’m a GIS teacher in the French National Geographic Sciences and I’m interesting in some programming projects for my 2nd-yeared engineer students. So, as I don’t know anything about all the LibreCAD capabilities, I need to get some information to be sure the project would be possible (and not "too difficult” for students).

Source code is available, so I think that a user can program his own plug-in or tool. Doesn’t it ?
What we need to do :
- Create some dialogs in order to gather measurement information (angles, distances, labels, etc.)
- Use this collected information to draw features according this values.
-> so it would be a kind of very userfriendly triangulation interface designed for users who absolutely don’t know about topometry or CAD.
Another interesting idea would be hiding all the buttons and menus of the software that are not useful for this topic.
In using the SDK, in QT for example, do you thing this programming work is possible with LibreCAD ? (like adding a menu / toolbar / plugin…I don’t know…)

Thanks a lot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD customize capability

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On Jan 9, 2013, at 8:44 AM, "HQ-ENSG [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

I’m totally new in LibreCAD and I write this topic not as a user but as a “manager”. I’m a GIS teacher in the French National Geographic Sciences and I’m interesting in some programming projects for my 2nd-yeared engineer students. So, as I don’t know anything about all the LibreCAD capabilities, I need to get some information to be sure the project would be possible (and not "too difficult” for students).

Source code is available, so I think that a user can program his own plug-in or tool. Doesn’t it ?
Yes, this is perfectly possible, all code is open source and released as GPLv2

What we need to do :
- Create some dialogs in order to gather measurement information (angles, distances, labels, etc.)

This is currently possible with the plugin interface and there are example how to get information from selected entities.

- Use this collected information to draw features according this values.
It's possible to add geometry through the plugin interface

-> so it would be a kind of very userfriendly triangulation interface designed for users who absolutely don’t know about topometry or CAD.
Another interesting idea would be hiding all the buttons and menus of the software that are not useful for this topic.

Although possible, we don't have a API/method for that and it would mean you need to fork LibreCAD and remove the menu items that
are not of interest of you. 

In using the SDK, in QT for example, do you thing this programming work is possible with LibreCAD ? (like adding a menu / toolbar / plugin…I don’t know…)
Yes, this is perfectly possible to do so, all code is open source and available to you.

Thanks a lot

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/LibreCAD-customize-capability-tp5707440.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD customize capability

HQ-ENSG
Thanks a lot for all