6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Librecad will no longer print

Squelch
This post was updated on .
Hello,
I started using LibreCAD about 2 months ago and have had no problems printing.

Yesterday, I printed a project with no problem, and then tried to print a different project and it wouldn't print.  This is a project that I have printed many times in the past, but now I can't get LibreCAD to print anything.  Even the project I printed earlier.  I have tried to print 4 different files and none will print, but I can print from other apps on my computer with no problem.

I have tried using the File>Print option and the toolbar print icon.  When I print, it says "printing complete" in the bottom left corner of the window, but nothing is sent to the printer queue.

I can use export as pdf as a work around, but I don't know what changed all of a sudden.

I am running LibreCAD 2.1.3, on Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur, and have printed using Big Sur before with no problem.  I have not changed anything that I know of.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled LibreCAD and I have restarted my computer several times.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Librecad will no longer print

aman
Welcome!

Have not used MacOs, but if LibreCAD prints without errors, check the printer queue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Squelch
Thank you, but nothing is sent to the printer queue.  It used to do it, but not anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
When you installed LibreCAD again, did you do the printer settings again?
Reply | Threaded
|

Squelch
Not sure what you mean by doing the printer settings again.  

I didn't do anything special to printer settings.  I don't even know where those are, other than the OS 11 print window that pops up prior to printing.

When I print, I select the print preview icon.  I select 1:1 and check the fixed box.  I then move the page to capture the part of the diagram I want to print.  Then I select file>print.

I'v done it the same way everytime and didn't have any trouble until recently.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I don't know anything about MacOS. In Windows I have experienced it happens somehow that in the Windows printer driver box "Print to file" is ticked. It doesn't print then, or somewhere into nirvana. I suspect this happens when you accidentally have tried to print to a printer which is offline. If you take out the tick all is fine again. Maybe it's something similar in MacOS.