2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mouse clicks not recognized until a subsequent mouse event occurs

KevinB
This post was updated on .
Hello,

As noted in the subject I have a problem where LibreCAD does not properly act on a single mouse click. Actions that usually occur from a single click (such as opening a drop down menu or toggling a radio button type control) will only occur if I double click the item, or if I single click the item and then move the mouse.

Example:
   If I single click a drop down menu item nothing happens
   If I double click a drop down menu item the menu opens but remains open only until I move the mouse.
   So to use a drop down menu I have to single click the menu item then move the mouse. This results in the menu opening and remaining open for use.

I've used the menu behavior as my example but the single mouse click behavior is the same everywhere.  A single click to toggle layer visibility has no effect until the mouse is moved. A double click to toggle layer visibility does result in the visibility changing states immediately with the second click but the visibility toggles again as soon as the mouse moves after second click.

I have a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04.03 LTS  on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop.  This problem is the same with LibreCAD 2.1.2 from the Ubuntu software application tool and with version 2.2.0-alpha which I installed to see if my problem might be corrected with a newer release.  My mouse functions exactly as expected with all other software currently installed on this computer including other CAD software.  

This laptop was previously running Ubuntu 16.10 and an earlier version of LibreCAD with no functional issues. I have searched the forum and bug reports and have not found anything similar to what I am experiencing. I've been using LibreCAD almost daily for several years without problems. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mouse clicks not recognized until a subsequent mouse event occurs

KevinB
Update...
This problem corrected "itself" after two days.

I had left the same session of LibreCAD 2.1.2 open while I was searching various resources for a solution. On the morning of the second day the mouse behavior was completely normal. I had not made any changes to the OS or in LibreCAD since the last time I had observed the unusual mouse behavior in LibreCAD.  My computer had been suspended but not restarted at least once in the interval between when the mouse was not functioning normally and when normal function first appeared.

I did not see any new activity in the Unbuntu update log that would indicate that an update had occurred between when I first encountered the problem and when it disappeared. Since the this was a fresh install of Unbuntu and a fresh install of LibreCAD, to a version of each with which I had zero prior experience, I was uncertain about where to focus my efforts.  

Needless to say, but I will anyway, I am very happy that my mouse now functions exactly as expected. I am also very happy with LibreCAD 2.1.2. Great work by the outstanding team working on LibreCAD! Thank YOU!